Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Project Scorpio Knackered - Advice

Options
  • 22-05-2018 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hi folks,

So it looks like I'm a victim of the Project Scorpio HDD failures. Notifications about save issues mid game where I can't continue and new installs failing. I've deleted everything off my internal Hard Drive on numerous occasion as well as full factory resets however the issue still occurs, and due to this am unable to update the Xbox also. Console was purchased from Smyths on day 1.

Anyone had a similar situation who can advise on whether it's best to return to Smyths with Console, or should I deal directly with Microsoft?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

Hi folks,

So it looks like I'm a victim of the Project Scorpio HDD failures. Notifications about save issues mid game where I can't continue and new installs failing. I've deleted everything off my internal Hard Drive on numerous occasion as well as full factory resets however the issue still occurs, and due to this am unable to update the Xbox also. Console was purchased from Smyths on day 1.

Anyone had a similar situation who can advise on whether it's best to return to Smyths with Console, or should I deal directly with Microsoft?

Thanks in advance

Had very similar issues with my normal Xbox One X right out of the box. Troubleshooting with Microsoft proved fruitless, so brought it back to GameStop. I'd recommend bringing it back to the retailer first.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 appoireland

Had very similar issues with my normal Xbox One X right out of the box. Troubleshooting with Microsoft proved fruitless, so brought it back to GameStop. I'd recommend bringing it back to the retailer first.

Thanks Supdman, I'll bring it into Smyths at the weekend. Just hoping it's not an issue 6 months later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Thanks Supdman, I'll bring it into Smyths at the weekend. Just hoping it's not an issue 6 months later.

Regardless of what they say, your contract is with them. They will push you towards Microsoft though and frankly, you will more than likely get a quicker repair or replacement from Microsoft.

Still though, Smyths have a contract with you to repair or replace and even if they take it, they will probably push for a repair in the first instance and they are within their rights also.

Best of luck with it too but Microsoft might be a faster and less frustrating option from what i have seen from Smyths.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 appoireland

Thanks amadablam. I still have my original day one XBone so waiting for a repair isin't too much an inconvenience as long as they can fix the issue.

Advertisement