Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BMW 320d E90 occasionally pops out of 1st gear

Options
  • 22-05-2018 9:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi Guys,

recently my car (2010 320d 100k Miles 6speed) randomly pops out of first gear.. this could happen once a week or twice in a short trip and doesn’t seem to matter if it’s taking off fast from a standing point or going up a hill for example. Most times it’s slowly taking off from the lights. There is no movement in the gearbox and it’s easy to get in to all gears, only affects first gear. It’s a recent purchase that’s still under warranty from the garage but just wondering if anyone came across this before?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Bmw123d

Brano24 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

recently my car (2010 320d 100k Miles 6speed) randomly pops out of first gear.. this could happen once a week or twice in a short trip and doesn’t seem to matter if it’s taking off fast from a standing point or going up a hill for example. Most times it’s slowly taking off from the lights. There is no movement in the gearbox and it’s easy to get in to all gears, only affects first gear. It’s a recent purchase that’s still under warranty from the garage but just wondering if anyone came across this before?

Thanks

Common prob on these gearbox’s have took a fair few out and had them overhauled

Hi Guys,

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Brano24

Bmw123d wrote: »

Thanks for the reply. So it’s a proper new gearbox job?

Thanks for the reply. So it’s a proper new gearbox job?

Well it’s take ur own one out and get it reconditioned. If u get a second hand one chances are u could run into the same problems. Where u located. Are u looking to do the job urself seen as its in the diy forum

Well it’s take ur own one out and get it reconditioned. If u get a second hand one chances are u could run into the same problems. Where u located. Are u looking to do the job urself seen as its in the diy forum

I get you, Was hoping it would be a linkage issue I could handle myself, but don’t think i’ll be attempting this myself to Ben honest especially as it’s still under warranty from the garage. Based in Dublin City

• Advertisement

I get you, Was hoping it would be a linkage issue I could handle myself, but don’t think i’ll be attempting this myself to Ben honest especially as it’s still under warranty from the garage. Based in Dublin City

Ya sure bring it back to them so. I’m sure there warranty covers engine and gearbox

Ya sure bring it back to them so. I’m sure there warranty covers engine and gearbox

Yeah definitely will. Thanks for your input mate appreciate it.

Advertisement