Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Suzuki SX4 mpg

Options
  • 22-05-2018 8:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭

Hi all,

Recently bought a second hand, 10 year old, Suzuki SX4. It had had one previous owner and clocked about 100,000 km. It's a 1.6 petrol. This is my first petrol, I had only driven diesels previously.

I filled the tank and reset the odometre and it's getting me roughly 600-700km on a full tank of fuel. (half tank clock: 350km).

I'm somewhat a newbie when it comes to cars and I just wondered if 'this was good'? In terms of driving - I live in Cork and I'm predominantly driving on N-roads with a bit of urban driving.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

They have a 50L tank (unless its the AWD model in which case its a 45L tank) and so getting 600-700kms is actually very good and works out around 35mpg.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭AnSliabhCorcra

They have a 50L tank (unless its the AWD model in which case its a 45L tank) and so getting 600-700kms is actually very good and works out around 35mpg.

Thanks for getting back to me. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

http://www.fuelly.com/car/suzuki/sx4 will tell you what others get
    Set site to show UK values

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭XLR 8

I have the Fiat Sedici which is the same car. They really are good on fuel and can get nearer 40mpg if we'll maintained. In the recent snow storm this little Fiat stole the show. It was literally unstoppable. Best of luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭AnSliabhCorcra

XLR 8 wrote: »
    I have the Fiat Sedici which is the same car. They really are good on fuel and can get nearer 40mpg if we'll maintained. In the recent snow storm this little Fiat stole the show. It was literally unstoppable. Best of luck with it.

I have to say I really love it. I was unsure about purchasing it, but now, I'm over the moon with it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement