Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

M50 penalty fines for car I just bought.

Options
  • 21-05-2018 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I've just purchased a car from a car dealer on the 30th of April, however I then received a second penalty notice for m50 tolls that weren't paid, i never received the first.... I received 3 different penalty notices all three with totals over €60 on each... I rang eflow and explained the charges were from the 24th of April which was before the car was even in my name,they pretty much told me I had to pay the outstanding charges as they have to be paid... after I told them I'm not paying for another person's fines they then told me to make an account online and I'll get a discount of the total I have to pay... They left me on hold so I hung up and will be calling back tomorrow, has anyone had a similar experience like this? Appreciate all the help tia

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭samih

After having purchased a car some months earlier I eventually used M50 without having an account previously with them. I paid the toll online but got a notice of unpaid fine on post some days later. Rang them and it turns out the previous owner had many unpaid tolls pending. Once I forwarded the copy of my VRC to eflow all the fines were canceled.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭bonkers67

That happened to me with a car I’d sold. I rang them and they eventually checked with Shannon and it was cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

They're chancing their arm. Take a pic of the vlc and send it to them.after that binn any bills that come in (unless they're yours obviously)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

bonkers67 wrote: »
    That happened to me with a car I’d sold. I rang them and they eventually checked with Shannon and it was cancelled.

Same with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Obviously do not create an account until you get the old charges resolved, they'll slap them on your bill.

Ken

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭GM228

They're chancing their arm. Take a pic of the vlc and send it to them.after that binn any bills that come in (unless they're yours obviously)

It would be unusual for eFlow to chance their arm, they are generally actually very good to deal with with these types of issues and once proof of purchase is supplied that's the end of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,501 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

If the VLC shows 30th April you are in the clear, if it doesn't you are not and you should initially contact the dealer and ask why it was put in your name at an earlier date.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭the14thwarrior

I doubt they told you you'd have to pay or else...... same thing happened to me. they explained if the car was not mine i simply have to prove it.
    mine took weeks. i ended up with 109 letters, i kid you not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

Get them the proof to stop this taking up your time.

Plenty of people try "changing ownership" to a family member to try and avoid charges and that's why they don't just take your words from a phone call.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Ginger83

Check your dates, if vlc shows before 30th i'd be contacting the dealer

• Advertisement
Advertisement