Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aintree Tickets

Options
  • 21-05-2018 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭

Missus is 40 next year and has decided she'd like to go to the Grand National as it falls on the same weekend. Just wondering about tickets:

- Do they go on sale to the General Public and, if so, where are they sold from and when do they generally go on sale?

- Anyone done a "package deal" with a travel agent for flights, accomodation, tickets etc.? If so, how did it work out?

- Would anyone that's been before have any recommendations as to what section to buy for etc (Would be happy to pay a bit more for better view etc)

- Is it difficult to get from Liverpool City Centre before racing and back after?

Sorry for all the questions and I know I'm probably a bit early but just want to get on it in case it generally sells out early etc

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭carq

deeks wrote: »
    Missus is 40 next year and has decided she'd like to go to the Grand National as it falls on the same weekend. Just wondering about tickets:

- Do they go on sale to the General Public and, if so, where are they sold from and when do they generally go on sale?

- Anyone done a "package deal" with a travel agent for flights, accomodation, tickets etc.? If so, how did it work out?

- Would anyone that's been before have any recommendations as to what section to buy for etc (Would be happy to pay a bit more for better view etc)

- Is it difficult to get from Liverpool City Centre before racing and back after?

Sorry for all the questions and I know I'm probably a bit early but just want to get on it in case it generally sells out early etc

Thanks.

1. Yes - Jockeyclub website, aintree website months in advance
    2. No. Will work out more expensive - better to do it yourself
    3. I did tatts before - would not recommend for weekend with wife . Can get more expensive seats that are actually quite good value.
    4. Easy to get to / from - train is best way 20 minutes or so.

should have no issue getting tickets in Feb / March next year, may be some early bird prices earlier

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭deeks

carq wrote: »
    1. Yes - Jockeyclub website, aintree website months in advance
    2. No. Will work out more expensive - better to do it yourself
    3. I did tatts before - would not recommend for weekend with wife . Can get more expensive seats that are actually quite good value.
    4. Easy to get to / from - train is best way 20 minutes or so.

should have no issue getting tickets in Feb / March next year, may be some early bird prices earlier

Thanks for that

• Registered Users Posts: 5,421 ✭✭✭finbarrk

I’d say buy before Feb/March, if it’s Grandstand tickets you are getting. They sell out early.

finbarrk wrote: »
    I’d say buy before Feb/March, if it’s Grandstand tickets you are getting. They sell out early.

Are Grandstand the best tickets to get?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 redser16

Tickets go on sale in August for following year, stand tickets are usually sold out before chrimbo.
    obviously accommodation is fairly expensive, its not long out to course about 7/8 miles.
    trains are good option or taxi is about £15.

• Advertisement

Thanks lads. Are Grandstand tickets the best option for a decent view?

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Bangor Billy

Its the roof tickets you want for the best view. Be warned though. The best tickets sold out in a couple of hours last year. There is no restriction on how many you can buy so touts buy them by the hundred.

Its the roof tickets you want for the best view. Be warned though. The best tickets sold out in a couple of hours last year. There is no restriction on how many you can buy so touts buy them by the hundred.

Thanks for that and sorry for all the questions :-) Any idea what kind of cost you're looking at for roof tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭carq

deeks wrote: »
    Thanks for that and sorry for all the questions :-) Any idea what kind of cost you're looking at for roof tickets?

From memory i think it can be had for 80 - 100 sterlling.

Thanks lads. Appreciate all the advice.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Was there for GN day in April just gone.
    Bought the Tatts(Festival Zone ticket) which was £65. I think the Grandstand are £140 a ticket.
    Certain parts of the course(Main Grandstand and betting ring) were very busy.
    We were in the Red Rum garden for a bit and then for the GN itself we got a space right at the finish line(wasn't busy here at all).

We stayed in a hotel in the city centre. Was dear enough but most places will be. Didn't help with Liverpool having a home game that day too.

Trains run every 5 mins from Liverpool central station to Aintree. Station is right across from the entrance. Easy enough to get back to City centre on the train after racing too. Tickets were £10

The Mig wrote: »
    Was there for GN day in April just gone.
    Bought the Tatts(Festival Zone ticket) which was £65. I think the Grandstand are £140 a ticket.
    Certain parts of the course(Main Grandstand and betting ring) were very busy.
    We were in the Red Rum garden for a bit and then for the GN itself we got a space right at the finish line(wasn't busy here at all).

We stayed in a hotel in the city centre. Was dear enough but most places will be. Didn't help with Liverpool having a home game that day too.

Trains run every 5 mins from Liverpool central station to Aintree. Station is right across from the entrance. Easy enough to get back to City centre on the train after racing too. Tickets were £10

Thats great. Thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,421 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Grandstand roof are the best. But I don't bother any more as its expensive. It's not that difficult to slip into the Grandstand enclosure if you just have a Tatts entry. But its difficult to slip up to the roof without a pass.

Sorry to drag this thread up again. Wasn’t online at all yesterday and just went in this morning to check for tickets. Some options sold out but the following is what’s left

£120

Princess Royal Roof
    Lord Daresbbury Roof

£100

Lord Sefton Terrace
    Earl of derby Terrace

£85

West Tip Seats

£62.50

Tattersalls Fedtival Zone

Based on previous comments I’ve more or less ruled out the festival zone. Has anyone been in any of the other available sections previously? West Tip seats seem to be a separate section on the Home straight which might be an option.

West Tip seats are right down the far end by the Chair so a long way from the paddock. 
    Lord Derby / Earl of Sefton are where I watch from at the non-festival meetings. Past the winning post though so the runners are a bit head on.
    The roofs give the best view if you don't mind climbing stairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Princess Royal would be the best

Thanks for all the advice folks. Ended up plumping for West Tip seats. Now to book some accomodation that won't require me to re-mortgage the house :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭hawaii501

Lads, what would be the best tickets for Ladies Day?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

hawaii501 wrote: »
    Lads, what would be the best tickets for Ladies Day?

Are you looking for the "ladies" or the horses :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭hawaii501

abarkie wrote: »
    Are you looking for the "ladies" or the horses :D

A bit of both :) Have tickets for GN day already.

• Advertisement

Ladies day is a strange day. As you go in it is basically partygoers to the left, serious racegoers to the right. For partying Festival Zone or West Tip seats would be best. To get away form the partygoers Earl of Sefton. For both anywhere else.

Advertisement