Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Clutch replacement

Options
  • 21-05-2018 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭

Hi, question coming from someone a bit clueless when it comes to car repairs but I think my clutch may be going , as I said i'm a bit clueless so could be something completely different! Basically when I change gears the car stalls for a second before accelerating ( only seems to happen in low gears ) driving to work this morning the car stalled a few times when I was taking off after being stopped in traffic going from neutral to first gear. Does this sound like a bad clutch or can anyone shed some light on what it could be?

I will be taking it to my mechanic just want to get an idea of what it could be, car is a Fiat Punto 1.2 litre engine. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭gavman1

When ye say it stalled do ye mean the engine cut out and had to be restarted or do ye mean your accelerating but not moving?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

Hi, question coming from someone a bit clueless when it comes to car repairs but I think my clutch may be going , as I said i'm a bit clueless so could be something completely different! Basically when I change gears the car stalls for a second before accelerating ( only seems to happen in low gears ) driving to work this morning the car stalled a few times when I was taking off after being stopped in traffic going from neutral to first gear. Does this sound like a bad clutch or can anyone shed some light on what it could be?

I will be taking it to my mechanic just want to get an idea of what it could be, car is a Fiat Punto 1.2 litre engine. Thanks!

When you say it stalls for a few seconds b4 accelerating, does the engine race at the same time?

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭homosapien91

Got sorted thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Harcrid

Can you share how it was fixed in case anyone else has the same issue in the future?

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭homosapien91

Harcrid wrote: »
    Can you share how it was fixed in case anyone else has the same issue in the future?

It was actually a blockage in my exhaust and an air pocket in my coolant system so nothing at all to do with the clutch! As I said in the first post I don't know much about cars and Google had me thinking the worst!

• Advertisement
Advertisement