Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

increments

Options
  • 21-05-2018 10:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Just wondering if anyone knows about parental leave and increments....if I am taking parental leave wil I still get an increment?
    I was told if I job share I will get a full increment (I thought it would take me twice as long!!)
    :)

Also are we due to get a 1% pay increase in September and an increment in March?

Thanks a million

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

I think the 1% is coming in October, and increments are in March for anyone who would have had them in September normally before the freeze.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭maude6868

I'm very confused about increments, is it June for ASTI teachers

Increments
    16. Under Circular 0045/2016, incremental progression for teachers not covered by
    the Lansdowne Road Agreement was suspended from 11 July 2016 until 30 June
    17. This suspension is now lifted for teachers covered by this Circular. The effect of
    this is that where a teacher would have been due an increment between 11 July
    2016 and 10 June 2017 and this was not paid due to the teacher being outside
    of the Lansdowne Road Agreement, that increment will now be due from 10 June
    2017. The teacher will then progress to the next point on the scale on 10 June
    Worked example:
    Teacher A was on Point 11 of the salary scale on 11 July 2016. Teacher A
    had an increment date of 1 September.
    In 2016, Teacher A would have been due to progress to Point 12 on 1
    September 2016. This progression did not occur because the teacher was
    outside of the Lansdowne Road Agreement.
    Teacher A will progress to Point 12 on 10 June 2017. Teacher A’s increment
    date will now be 10 June. Teacher A will progress to Point 13 of the scale on
    10 June 2018, to Point 14 of the scale on 10 June 2019 and so on.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

maude6868 wrote: »
    I'm very confused about increments, is it June for ASTI teachers

Yes.

Thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement