Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Returning to Ireland - wondering about Insurance

Options
  • 21-05-2018 9:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 48

So I'm coming back to Ireland for the summer after working in a foreign country for less than two years.  My understanding is I still have my no claims bonus because it's less than 2 years since I left.

I plan to leave again at the end of the summer but was wondering does it make more financial sense to buy a car and get insured for the summer and indeed next year rather than return in say two more years time and look for insurance with a distinct lack of a no claims bonus!?
    Just wondering if other people have experiences of this situation? Am I going to have to pay through the nose anyway regardless if I get insured now or return to Ireland and get insured?!
    Any help is appreciated.

Advertisement