Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Infababy / Uberchild Travel System

Options
  • 20-05-2018 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Looking at getting a travel system for our first child due in a few months.

Came across Infababy and struggling to find reasons not to purchase on of their Ultimo travel systems, no real experience of travel systems and none of our close friends have kids so wondering if anyone here has any experience with them (good or bad), the price seems a lot cheaper than the rest.

Any feedback is welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,722 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

No experience myself but I remembered seeing another thread here on it, you might get more info here...

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057779183/1

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭McCloskey_A

We have bought an ultimo, with 4 wheels , seems
    Brilliant , I’m only due in a couple of weeks but have been testing it out,
    For me stands up beside any of the more expensive brands, great moveability etc, not too heavy , easy to get up and down
    Can let you know more in a couple
    Of weeks! ðŸ‘

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭xpletiv

have heard good things, was tempted myself by the prices, but ended up going second hand bugaboo instead. There are a few on here that have had them and have raved about them!

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭lunamoon

I was looking into getting one of these and I couldn't find a bad review anywhere. We decided against it in the end because we wanted a particular car seat and it wasn't compatible with the infababy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

I've ordered the 4 wheek Ultimo in the end anyways, I figured for €520 for the travel system and ISOfix base it was worth a punt.

It should be delivered in the middle of June, I'll post a review here once I get it so that others won't be in the dark.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

A few people I know had these. They are brilliant! Great value and durable.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭edeldonlon

We have one and love it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

Are these only sold online? Or are there any shops selling them that we could try it out in? Keen to see the size when folded as I'm driving a Micra.

Cash_Q wrote: »
    Are these only sold online? Or are there any shops selling them that we could try it out in? Keen to see the size when folded as I'm driving a Micra.

They are online only, I can measure it out when I get mine in a couple of weeks if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

davo2001 wrote:
    They are online only, I can measure it out when I get mine in a couple of weeks if you want.

Ah thanks that's very good of you! I'm not due until October so I have plenty of time. Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭edeldonlon

They have great customer service, send them a message and they might have the measurements

Received it on Friday, VERY impressed with it, well built and stylish.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭xDisneyDivax

davo2001 wrote: »
    Received it on Friday, VERY impressed with it, well built and stylish.

This made me excited!! ;) any chance of pics? :D

This made me excited!! ;) any chance of pics? :D

Sure, I'll post some when I get home this evening :)

I was so impressed with their travel system that I ordered the changing table on Sunday night and had it delivered yesterday.

that sounds very impressive now! :D

Couple of images as promised, the buggy part is still in it's plastic wrapping as we wouldn't have a need for it for a while.

https://imgur.com/a/1gNhV8I

To be fair, the pictures don't really do it justice, I'm a crap photographer.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭frogstar

Would not recommend the moto model based purely in the car seat which is inferior to all other seats out there

Pram and base etc... Are fine. Easy to wheel and assemble. Can't comment on stroller. Have used for six weeks

Car seat hood flimsy and won't stay up. Material used on base is hard and not comfortable compared to other seers available that seem to use a soft foamy material. Model not compatible with maxi cosi so stuck with the seat.

Will be selling whole set in a few weeks.

Customer service is not great imo. Read from a script. I had a fe general queries and they missed the point on most. Also I find it odd that you can not return items if opened. How can you view product unless you open? I didn't want to return at start as happy at time but it's in their terms and conditions. For online selling I would have assumed more comeback if you can't physically see product.

We have just started using our ultimo and I’m delighted with it!!

Couple of images as promised, the buggy part is still in it's plastic wrapping as we wouldn't have a need for it for a while.

https://imgur.com/a/1gNhV8I

To be fair, the pictures don't really do it justice, I'm a crap photographer.

There seems to be an error with this link?

frogstar, that is pity about your set! :( It was always the Ultimo I want with country & sand terrians around here.

McCloskey_A, that is great! Did you use it on rough terrians yet?

Not yet - just been in town , but great for around shops etc, really flexible, finding the isofix so handy too!
    Will update when we test it on tougher terrain!

frogstar, that is pity about your set! :( It was always the Ultimo I want with country & sand terrians around here.

• Advertisement

There seems to be an error with this link

Link is working fine for me, maybe someone else can verify?

Not yet - just been in town , but great for around shops etc, really flexible, finding the isofix so handy too!
    Will update when we test it on tougher terrain!

That is great to hear about the shops cuz I was a bit concerned it might be a bit bulky for shopping! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭frogstar

Yep it's annoying and I picked it cos it liked the color grey (I know stupid reason!). I see now they do the ultimo in grey... Would have went for that if it was available at the time. The seat looks more normal on that one.

There seems to be an error with this link

Link is working fine for me, maybe someone else can verify?

I just tried it again there and it worked for me this time! Looks great! Dying for mine to arrive already!

Frogstar, I suppose after the recent experience you had you wouldn't wanna order from Infrababy again now

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭apple26

Hi all, have been looking at infababy and very tempted to buy considering the price compared to what is available in stores. Just wondering if the car seat is comparable in size to the maxi cosi i-size?

apple26 wrote: »
    Hi all, have been looking at infababy and very tempted to buy considering the price compared to what is available in stores. Just wondering if the car seat is comparable in size to the maxi cosi i-size?

Yes, it's roughly the same size as far as I can see with mine.

Advertisement