Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any SEN Teachers - Post Primary ?

Options
  • 20-05-2018 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

I have had a career break for a number of years. I was a Senco in London five yeard ago and wonder could anyone fill me in in the role here back home.

Is it in class / back of class supporting teacher. Is there much paperwork / ieps for every single pupil?

Might try a bit of subbing to get a feel next year.

Appreciate any advice at all

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Bananaben wrote: »
    I have had a career break for a number of years. I was a Senco in London five yeard ago and wonder could anyone fill me in in the role here back home.

Is it in class / back of class supporting teacher. Is there much paperwork / ieps for every single pupil?

Might try a bit of subbing to get a feel next year.

Appreciate any advice at all

Check with the teaching council to see if they recognise your UK qualification first i.e. to be a teacher.

Different schools do different things so some it's all withdrawal, some it's a mix, maybe not so many all in-class.
    I'm sure the paperwork isn't as bad as the UK, but the system is changing so it's on the way. Student Support Plans.

Advertisement