Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this a safety issue? (Pic)

Options
  • 20-05-2018 1:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Condensation from a boiler is dripping down on to an external electricity box, is this dangerous?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Conservatory

Beesand wrote: »
    Condensation from a boiler is dripping down on to an external electricity box, is this dangerous?

It’s hard to see in the picture. Is that an actual conensation pipe coming out of the wall? Why isn’t it running to a drain?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,517 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Don't think so.
    The amount of water likely to enter the unit is no greater (likely less) than in naturally occurring wind driven rain showers.

There are though, plenty reasons why this should be be fixed though. Aesthetics being one.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Beesand

It’s hard to see in the picture. Is that an actual conensation pipe coming out of the wall? Why isn’t it running to a drain?

It’s a house I’m considering buying, it’s a rusty pipe coming out of the back of the boiler so I’m assuming it’s an actual condensation pipe. No idea why it’s not running to a drain \_:rolleyes:_/

• Registered Users Posts: 21,517 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

It’s a house I’m considering buying, it’s a rusty pipe coming out of the back of the boiler so I’m assuming it’s an actual condensation pipe. No idea why it’s not running to a drain \_:rolleyes:_/

Well, it's an indicator as to what quality of maintenance might have been done on the house over the years.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Conservatory

It could be the safety valve. You may find you need a new expansion vessel on boiler or a new safety valve......... or a new boiler.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

That’s the gas meter not the electrical meter box.
    The blow off valve is gone on the boiler €200/€300 quid to a plumber to replace and service the boiler should see you out of this. Unless he finds other issues. If that’s your only worry on this particular house then get your offer in ASAP

• Registered Users Posts: 16,881 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

It looks like an overflow pipe or safety valve passing water

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Cerco

As mr. Mac says, it is the gas meter and isolation valve box. Never good to have water flowing down and soiling the wall and box cover.
    Would not think it is dangerous as it would be weather sealed from the elements.

Advertisement