Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

If you change driving instructor, would the original instructor know about it?

Options
  • 20-05-2018 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

I'd love your advice on my situation.

-- It's been a *long time* since I took the EDT training lessons.

-- I took 8 lessons about a year ago (but didn't finish them, because of personal circumstances.)

-- I don't have a car to practice in unfortunately. If I finish the lessons with the same instructor, it wouldn't be enough practice to pass my test.

-- I'd like to "start fresh" on my lessons, but I don't want to insult the original instructor by choosing someone else.

Does it matter if I start again with a new instructor?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭dobman88

Guile704 wrote: »
    I'd love your advice on my situation.

-- It's been a *long time* since I took the EDT training lessons.

-- I took 8 lessons about a year ago (but didn't finish them, because of personal circumstances.)

-- I don't have a car to practice in unfortunately. If I finish the lessons with the same instructor, it wouldn't be enough practice to pass my test.

-- I'd like to "start fresh" on my lessons, but I don't want to insult the original instructor by choosing someone else.

Does it matter if I start again with a new instructor?

No, I did the same myself. I didn't feel like the instructor I was using was any good so changed to a different fella. They won't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

Even if they did know who gives a ****? It’s your money, spend it on whoever you think will help you pass the test.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭J_R

Hi,
    But what about your EDT logbook, your eight lessons on the RSA website ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Guile704

J_R wrote: »
    Hi,
    But what about your EDT logbook, your eight lessons on the RSA website ?

Great question! I hadn't thought of that. This is why I posted, for input like this.

So, would it make the most sense to go with the original instructor do you think?

He's very good, frankly. I just feel extremely awkward going back to him after such a long gap.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 1,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭MascotDec85

If he’s very good, go back to him. He won’t care whether or not there’s been a big gap. It happens all the time, he’ll be well used to it.
    Bottom line is why change an instructor you’re happy and comfortable with?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 Guile704

Thank you MascotDec85, that's sensible advice. I'll call him and get the ball rolling on this.

I wish I had a car to practice in! Simply cannot afford one right now. If I pass the test, insurance will be much more affordable I'm told.

Advertisement