Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why I despise our species

Options
  • 19-05-2018 11:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭

I..... Oh hold on a sec, I must make sure I'm posting this in After Hours and not somewhere where there's a special little someone that's likely to be offended by a bunny rabbit looking in their general direction. Hold on a sec.

[clink, clunk, click, kapow, zoinks, jenkies]

Ok I'm in the right place anyway! Ok so.... For ease of reading I'll put this in bullet point format, don't ever be thinking that I don't think of others! I'm good like that, despite the fact that I hate everyone.... Nothing personal of course!
    • We're stupid, despite claims to the contrary
    • We're smelly (or maybe it's just me that is....?)
    • We're corrupt
    • We're greedy
    • Actually let's group corrupt and greedy together and multiply them by infinity.... plus one
    • We're pure dirt
    • We're cheap
    • We're stupid (did I say that already? there's no harm in repeating it anyway)
    • We're barbaric, despite our developments as a species
    • We're pathetic, as a species
    Or perhaps I'd have been better off posting this in the ranting forum..... But then again this is supposed to be light hearted and stuff and stuff, despite the fact that I meant every goddamn word :mad:

So why do you hate our species??

Please note this thread is only for human-haters (open to all species, both indigenous and alien to the fair Planet Earth). Any human lovers among you, leave. Like seriously, leave. Go. Be gone. FLIP OFF!!!!!!!!!!!

:cool:

Actually speaking of, isn't Earth an awfully boring name for our planet?? May as well call it dirt, Planet Dirt! ( -> movie reference: one gold star to the first to guess the movie!!)

Comments

Great story bro

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

A good representation of what people are like is how they behave on the road. You will notice incredible selfishness and disregard which I believe crosses over into their day to day life.

Genuinely good people are few and far between unfortunately.

I love human beings. Sure there is evil among us but for the most part I believe we are good. I feel sorry for people who hate humanity.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Pac1Man wrote: »
    A good representation of what people are like is how they behave on the road. You will notice incredible selfishness and disregard which I believe crosses over into their day to day life.

This guy..... this guy gets it.

I don’t think it’s fair to start bashing cyclists so early in the thread

• Advertisement

I don’t think it’s fair to start bashing cyclists so early in the thread

Don't mention the C word!!!!!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,356 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

When I read the thread tittle I thought you had an issue with spices!

When I read the thread tittle I thought you had an issue with spices!

giphy.gif

There is something lost on people who use the internet to call our species stupid

There is something lost on people who use the internet to call our species stupid

Well last I checked I was still a part of said species so..................

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,195 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Species
    Natasha Henstridge
    Boobs out

What's not to like?

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭qwerty ui op

Op, don't know why, but I can't help imagine you're Francis Brennan every time I read your thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

jaxxx wrote: »
    Well last I checked I was still a part of said species so..................

He was talking about the internet.

Humans probably are the smartest lifeforms for many a light year.

That says we could do better. Rock on gene therapy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,321 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Despising the human race as a whole is a bit extreme.

Individuals one is entirely entitled to despise but not the whole of the human race.

Bit crazy of the OP to say we're collectively stupid when the OP uses the internet to put his point across.

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭gumbo1

AllForIt wrote: »
    Despising the human race as a whole is a bit extreme.

Individuals one is entirely entitled to despise but not the whole of the human race.

You've never worked with the general public have you?

gumbo1 wrote: »
    You've never worked with the general public have you?

Ah,the general public. Nah, don't like those much.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,195 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Op, don't know why, but I can't help imagine you're Francis Brennan every time I read your thread.

Jaxxx
    Francis Brennan?

Maybe you used to meet up with oul' Francie in a "jaxxx" somewhere for some unknown reason......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

Much of the selfishness displayed on the road is the result of thoughtlessness and not premeditated nastiness. Most people are grand, but the fetishisation of 'busyness' in day to day lives can result in people seeing others as obstacles and not fellow travellers.

Genuinely bad people are few and far between, thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

yaaaaawwwwwwwnnnnn

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

Humans are the worst species, except all the others

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Advertisement