Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water pipes airlocked

Options
  • 19-05-2018 8:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,291 ✭✭✭✭

The water was turned off at the mains today for a few hours but I didn't know it and emptied the tank in the attic when taking a shower.

Water is back now from the mains but little or no water is coming out of the cold taps on the sink and bath and utility room (all supplied by water from the tank).

I'm guessing there is air in the pipes but I'm just wondering is it something I can fix myself.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,730 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

The water was turned off at the mains today for a few hours but I didn't know it and emptied the tank in the attic when taking a shower.

Water is back now from the mains but little or no water is coming out of the cold taps on the sink and bath and utility room (all supplied by water from the tank).

I'm guessing there is air in the pipes but I'm just wondering is it something I can fix myself.

Did u get it sorted yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,291 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Did u get it sorted yet?

I did, the brother came over and got them going.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

Having the same issue, how did you sort it please?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Lorddrakul wrote: »
    Having the same issue, how did you sort it please?

Any time this happens me I just run a hose from the hot tap to the cold and back-fill the cold, only takes a few minutes

21/25

Advertisement