Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harrasment charges

Options
  • 19-05-2018 4:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

I have been up on harrasment charges since last year the judge struck it out at Xmas and I've heard nothing back since is there time limits regarding case?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Lmklad

Struck out? You answered this yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Rich9

Dpp can 're enter

• Registered Users Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭GM228

Rich9 wrote: »
    Dpp can 're enter

Incorrect, a struck out case can be heard again as the matter has not been determined by the court.

A dismissal on the other hand can't.

EDIT: Sorry I miss-read your post, I though you said "can't" re-enter.

GM228 wrote: »
    Incorrect, a struck out case can be heard again as the matter has not been determined by the court.

A dismissal on the other hand can't.

Yes I no that is there a time limit as it was struck out 5 months ago?

Yes I no that is there a time limit as it was struck out 5 months ago?

There is no time limit per se, but any excessive delay may enable an order of prohibition. Excessive could be for example 24 months later, but, that would be a matter though for the court to decide based on a balancing test.

• Advertisement

The cases are dating from July 2015 may 2017

As I said if it did happen it would be for the court to decide, so if it did happen seek legal advice.

GM228 wrote: »
    As I said if it did happen it would be for the court to decide, so if it did happen seek legal advice.

I have seeked legal advice I was told if we got to 1st week off may it would be over his receptionist told me the case was over she said

My solicitor now saying he's waiting for gardai to get back so il probably be charged!!!

I have seeked legal advice I was told if we got to 1st week off may it would be over his receptionist told me the case was over she said

If a solicitor told you that, get a new (better) solicitor.

If the receptionist told you that realise that you should never listen to what a receptionist has to say concerning legal advice.

To be fair the majority of struck out cases are never revisited, only a few are, but never say never and all that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭4ensic15

It is also possible that an indictable offence can be charged on the same facts if a summary disposal is out of time. If it is a legal aid solicitor, they are likely on the ball.

4ensic15 wrote: »
    It is also possible that an indictable offence can be charged on the same facts if a summary disposal is out of time. If it is a legal aid solicitor, they are likely on the ball.

There must be some sort off time limit like he told me we get to 1st week off may it will be over the ombudsmen said if I'm charged wi harrasment they will also

• Advertisement

My solicitor said last month its basically dead in the water

Like are they trying to get as much evidence as they can? ??

I've no criminal convictions either

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭NUTLEY BOY

I have been up on harrasment charges since last year the judge struck it out at Xmas and I've heard nothing back since is there time limits regarding case?

Just for interest, what exactly was said in court on the day that the case was struck out ?

NUTLEY BOY wrote: »
    Just for interest, what exactly was said in court on the day that the case was struck out ?

No Dpp directions

Any 1 else any info be very much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 1 HowdyPartner

How long after arrest/questioning did it take to charge you/bring you to court? and why would they take you to court without directions from dpp first?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

The OP has closed account so I am closing this.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement