Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

my 15 yr old daughter has no friends!!!!!!!!

Options
  • 18-05-2018 8:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi all looking for a bit of advice my 15 yr old has the milder spectrum of spina bifida ... you wouldnt think it to look at her shes just perfect,
    shes just finishing 3rd year and is so depressed she talks to everyone in school but just have no friends outside school , so the minute shes home shes in her bedroom all evening and weekends, i try to do things like cinema getting her hair and makeup done movie nights etc with her but finacially that can be draining i dont know how to help shes just so depressed and lonely my heart just breaks for her it seens people judge her because of her disability its heartbreaking to watch can any one lead me in the right direction as to teenage groups please or any advice i would appreciate
    so sorry for the long post needed to vent !!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭frash

where are you based?
    any clubs she could join? badminton or such

• Registered Users Posts: 21,520 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Does she have interests? Music, drama, sport? Maybe she could join a club which would help out her in contact with like minded people. Doesn't have to be expensive either.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,501 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Foroige, drama, dance, art, gardening, music, a suitable sport.

Her best chance is get out doing things she loves as she will meet like minded people and it’s hard at that stage not to make friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

My son is 15 too and in the same boat. He has learning difficulties and an SNA in school. I got him into the Foroige youth club in September last year and he loves it. They go out on trips every few weeks. He still hasn't really made any friends to hang out with after school but at least this is a start

Advertisement