Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

forest for a amatuer movie shoot

Options
  • 18-05-2018 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

[posting on behalf of a friend]

This might be a weird thing to ask...but any advice is appreciated.

"I am trying to make a short movie (non-profit & no/low budget) in which I would like to have night scenes in a mature forest (days shooting 2-4). I have tried public agencies and they are all quoting mad money per day. I don't mind to make a token donation to the owner. Have our own insurance.

Location Dublin and/or surrounds."

thanks

MODS; move to other forum if this is not for here.

my URBAN EXPLORATION YouTube channel: https://www.facebook.com/ASMRurbanexploration/

Comments

Massey woods is cool
    Across from enterance to the helfure club car park

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭GypsyByName

Coolmine woods?

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Andrew Flexing

thanks for the replies...but I think he was saying they need permission to shoot in publically owned places (ie from county councils / Coillte etc) and there is a charge too. Maybe they don't want to just turn up without permission in case they get done for "trespassing?

my URBAN EXPLORATION YouTube channel: https://www.facebook.com/ASMRurbanexploration/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,204 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Try the guy that owns Hilton Park in Clones, Co.Monaghan.
    I was involved in a low budget horror film being made in the forest there about 6 years ago.
    The owner ran a festival for a few years called The Flat Lake Festival, and was in a couple of sit-com with Rowan Atkinson.
    Can't remember his name, but he's Welsh and was in "The thin blue line." on the BBC

• Registered Users Posts: 14,754 ✭✭✭✭elperello

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭zapitastas

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Try the guy that owns Hilton Park in Clones, Co.Monaghan.
    I was involved in a low budget horror film being made in the forest there about 6 years ago.
    The owner ran a festival for a few years called The Flat Lake Festival, and was in a couple of sit-com with Rowan Atkinson.
    Can't remember his name, but he's Welsh and was in "The thin blue line." on the BBC

Lilly Allen's uncle

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Andrew Flexing

thanks for all of the replies!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 NABLOSE

Union Wood in Collooney, just 20min before Sligo, straight beside the N4

Advertisement