Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My apartment need TLC - looking for a good interior designer

Options
  • 18-05-2018 11:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hello all,

About to close the contract on a one bedroom apartment in Dublin.

Apartment is a decent 60 sq. mts in size. I want to re-do the entire kitchen and the room wardrobe. Get bathroom renovated as well and get the apartment furnished tastefully (modern). I am new to Ireland and Europe in general and this is my first home, so I have no idea of what kind of range am I looking at to get this done. I was hoping to hire an interior designer to get this all done. Do you reckon it is worth hiring one? If so, any recommendations?

What is the price range I can expect for renovations and refurbishing? I know that depends on the kind of work I want done, but out of your experience how much would a new small kitchen cost?

TIA :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭silent_spark

We recently completed a refurbishment in a 57m2 property. We paid our designer €2500 (ex VAT), and spent just over €40k for a middle of the road finish. If you google interior designers or architects you'll find several, and their websites will give you a good idea of the type of work they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 nomadtraveler

We recently completed a refurbishment in a 57m2 property. We paid our designer €2500 (ex VAT), and spent just over €40k for a middle of the road finish. If you google interior designers or architects you'll find several, and their websites will give you a good idea of the type of work they do.
    Thanks @silent_spark. Would you mind sharing the extent of work you had got done? Did that include just the furnishings or tiling, painting, new kitchen etc as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭silent_spark

That covered wood flooring, kitchen and appliances, some kitchen wall and floor tiles, fitted double wardrobe, fitted floor to ceiling bookcase, lighting fixtures, radiators, and a full repaint (including existing doors). Nothing anywhere near high end, but not IKEA. It excluded the bathroom, window dressings, and free-standing furniture.

Advertisement