Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost re converting from Storage Heating & changing a gas fire to an open one

Options
  • 18-05-2018 10:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭

Hi all

I'm looking around at houses at the moment and trying to work what it would cost to make a couple of changes to them.

I've come across storage heating in a couple of houses. What would this cost to convert to ideally gas, or alternatively oil? I'm look at houses from 90 sqm to 130 sqm.

Also, a load of them have converted their open fires to gas or electric fires. Can these be changed back? And if so can you give any indication as to what that would cost? Or turned into a solid fuel buring stove? I'm amazed at how unpopular real fires seem to be, I just can't understand it!

I'm looking fairly centrally in Dublin if that makes a difference. So I'm hoping gas is an option, but it might cost a bit to get connected?

Advertisement