Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do I need an electrician to replace Firex smoke detectors?

Options
  • 18-05-2018 9:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭

Have a chirping smoke detector driving me crazy at the moment. Decided I'd change the backup battery in both but when I opened the easiest to access I spotted a replace by 2013 sticker. My ex used to look after these things so I had no idea.

Do I need an electrician to replace them or can I buy new ones and just use the existing wiring? Also any hints for getting the plug off so I can replace the battery/unit. I've really struggled and can't get it off. I l'm usually quite good at this sort of stuff but I hate working with anything connected to the mains even with the power off.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Once the person doing this is competent an electrician is not required.

Advertisement