Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

its the hope that kills you...

Options
  • 17-05-2018 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

relationship ended about a month ago now. was devastated. outta the blue as well. sucks balls, but its the hope that is the killer.

maybe i'll be contacted? every time i get a text there's a little glimmer of hope. its getting less by the day, and have started on tinder and the rest of those apps.

dont know why i'm posting this. maybe it'll be therapeutic or something.

i actually posted here a few months ago about relationship and the resounding advice was run a mile, big red flags, etc. but the heart wants what the heart wants. finding myself not wanting to get over, but common sense must prevail.

the hearts a funny thing. at least my appetite went to bits and i lost some weight. every cloud and all that.

sorry, just a ramble

Comments

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

It's early days and it's bound to feel raw. I remember the feeling of no appetite, pouncing on the phone every time I got a text and all that.

It does pass. Try to find something that will keep you busy - coming into summer is there a hobby you could dive into to keep your mind busy?

Hang in there, it gets easier.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,065 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Keep yourself busy. Start reading a book. Join a hiking club. Get out into that beautiful sunshine. We're here for a good time, not a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

Keep busy and active. Youre happy about the weight loss so why not start a fitness routine? Exercise is a great way to release endorphins. Times a great healer.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭heretothere

You'll get there just one day at a time. Break ups do suck

Advertisement