Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

How to renew a learner permit?

Options
  • 17-05-2018 6:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi not sure if this is the right section, but how do you go about renewing a learners permit? Do you need to go to the ndls centre or what motor tax office and what form and documents/identify do you need? Also how long does your second learner permit last for?
    Thanks if anyone can help!

Comments

Brid111 wrote: »
    Hi not sure if this is the right section, but how do you go about renewing a learners permit? Do you need to go to the ndls centre or what motor tax office and what form and documents/identify do you need? Also how long does your second learner permit last for?
    Thanks if anyone can help!

You need to go to an Ndls centre. I was adding a category to my licence and found there is no appointments for two weeks so I went to the center before 9 am and got a walk in appointment straight away.

From there website
    To renew a learner permit
    Fully completed application form for a learner permit D201
    Current or most recent learner permit
    If you do not have your most recent learner permit in your possession, you must complete the lost or stolen permit declaration on the application form, have it witnessed by a member of An Garda Síochána and submit it with alternative photographic I.D.
    If you are applying for a third or subsequent learner permit you must provide confirmation that you have applied for a driving test in that category or that you have failed a driving test in that category in the last two years (statement of driving test outcome)
    Proof of your personal public services number (PPSN)
    Evidence of address dated within the last six months is required if your current address is not recorded on your permit and it differs from that provided to the Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection (DEASP) if and when you applied for a PSC
    Evidence of residency entitlement
    Fully completed NDLS medical report form, dated within one month, if required in your case
    Application fee of €35.00
    You can apply for a learner permit up to three months before the expiry date of the learner permit.
    Your photograph and signature will be captured electronically at the NDLS centre.

Don't know how long it will last

Advertisement