Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moto G4 Plus Sudden Sound issues

Options
  • 17-05-2018 4:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭

Last night I was listening to TuneIn radio through my earphones when suddenly the sound cut out. Phone was in my pocket and I thought it might be just that the App quit to update or I was out of coverage.

Then later I found I couldn't watch any Youtube videos, I kept getting a playback error message "There was a problem while playing (Playback ID: [alphanumeric string here]) Tap to retry".

I tried Netflix and get the following error message: "There is a problem playing this video. Please try again (5.0)"

This happens with or without headphones plugged in and has never happened before. I'm also 100% sure that it's not phone volume or app volume controls that are the issue.

So I tried to play Youtube and Netflix while connected to a Bluetooth speaker. No issues at all everything plays perfectly.

I've restarted my phone several times and and Force Stopped TuneIn Radio and some other volume related Apps...

No joy.

Any next steps BEFORE Factory reset?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Binky Bricktop

Hi, did you get this sorted? My G4 plus has started playing up in the last week - going completely soundless, can't listen to music etc. Seems to go back to normal when I switch it off and on again - but then will just cut the sound again hours later. Grrrr!

I've had a quick google and can't get a straight awnser on this issue. Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

Advertisement