Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Converting from comercial to private

Options
  • 17-05-2018 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi. We bought commercial car it wasn't in any changes...it was used as free car. I want tomake it private...I was not aware of some bed...car is 2 owners on Ireland one garage onone some company. Now in motor tax office when I left them engender assessment we added 2 3row seat...I s told that it's m1 car but cat b still ...That I need to send it to some special office and wait revenue to contact me. I wasn't aware of any more costs... it looks it would be charge to leave it commercial...I'm in distress and affraid of some huge revenue bill...which I'm not willing to my...I prefer to reverse it back to commercial.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,122 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Your most likely liable for some sort of VRT payment as it would have been originally at a different rate on commercial vehicles compared to passenger vehicles.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 jag09

bazz26 wrote: »
    Your most likely liable for some sort of VRT payment as it would have been originally at a different rate on commercial vehicles compared to passenger vehicles.

how do i know how much?? if its liek a lot...its not worth to change it, i would leave it commercial. no one in motor tax prior to starting the change told me about that. thanks for help

• Registered Users Posts: 51,122 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

No idea but if Revenue are contacting you then best ask them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 jag09

bazz26 wrote: »
    No idea but if Revenue are contacting you then best ask them.

can i then say no thank you - i will go back to commercial 5 seater cabin crew as it was ?

Advertisement