Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda language requirements help

Options
  • 17-05-2018 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello, quick question about required languages needed.. i know you need two, I have Irish in foundation level and that's it. I have no forigen lamguage as I've never studied it at school. Can someone please tell me if foundation is accept (which I don't think it is) and is there any routes apart from repeating the Irish leaving very exam to get the required grade

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Elliot192

rossygerr wrote: »
    Hello, quick question about required languages needed.. i know you need two, I have Irish in foundation level and that's it. I have no forigen lamguage as I've never studied it at school. Can someone please tell me if foundation is accept (which I don't think it is) and is there any routes apart from repeating the Irish leaving very exam to get the required grade

Yeah, you sit an Irish exam set by PAS. I'd start brushing up on your irish now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭stiimpreza1984

rossygerr wrote: »

Give me a Private Message after you pass your Interview I was in a similar situation as you. I had the Irish assessment with Public Appointments and passed it. It's manageable to pass when you get plenty of grinds.

Private message me anyway closer to the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Robin91

Hey just a question to see if anyone is in the same boat as myself. I am missing the language from my application, I'm dyslexic so I only have English (I have an exemption from Irish) .

I see from previous posts that a PAS Irish exam must be done to prove proficiency in a second language. Is there anyway around this as I haven't studied Irish since primary school or do I just have to get on with it and try learn up to ordinary leaving cert level?

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭stiimpreza1984

Robin91 wrote: »
    Hey just a question to see if anyone is in the same boat as myself. I am missing the language from my application, I'm dyslexic so I only have English (I have an exemption from Irish) .

I see from previous posts that a PAS Irish exam must be done to prove proficiency in a second language. Is there anyway around this as I haven't studied Irish since primary school or do I just have to get on with it and try learn up to ordinary leaving cert level?

You should email: info@publicjobs.ie and they would be able to tell you.

Advertisement