Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

York Dante Meeting

Options
  • 17-05-2018 12:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭

I wouldnt have been a massive fan of Roaring Lion pre the Guinneas. However i thought he came out of that race with a lot of credit.

Jesus everything has a price. 7/2 on BF at the moment is absolutely way to big against this lot.
    He ran a blinder in the Guinneas having raced all over the track. He is just better than this lot and if he stays the extra 2furlongs he has a great chance.

I could make cases for and against most of the field but i had him more of a 7/4-2/1 chance on my book and it looks like they are going to take their chances with him.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Mgoraf

What's the record of horses that ran in the guineas in this race? Having a quick look through looks like only the grey Gatsby to have come on and win in recent times?

I prefer horses to have been aimed at this, I wonder if this is an afterthought after his guineas defeat.

Might have a tentative bet on mildenberger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

I hate to agree with people but I agree here, and put on €100 at 4.4.
    If he stays the 10f 56y the others have to improve a bit.

James Cook has the best parents, and is a full sibling of Found.
    He could be anything, but he hasn't shown a lot so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,404 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

James Cook at 9/1 all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭HarshOstrich

I like mildenberger in the Dante, stepping up in trip again he will only get better the further he gos.

I like east street revue in the first at 14/1, nicely drawn and won over course and distance on his 2nd last start, if fit will surely go well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

James Cook looks a bit short on known form. He has a fair bit to find with Crossed Batton and is only 2 points bigger seems a bit skinny.

There is a fair case for improvement but he has about 6lengths to find.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Auroras_encore

2.20 an absolute minefield but I'm going have stab at pipers note at 25's

Ive pretty much backed Line of Reason every time he hasnt won and missed the wins.
    He should be odds on as i havent had a bet today :D

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Earendil

Your goosed then...I'm on him :pac:

Earendil wrote: »
    Your goosed then...I'm on him :pac:

Underwhelming that hahaha

Turret rocks 8/1 for no other reason then I'm sick of hearing about Frankel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Went for Roaring Lion James Cook reverse. James cook will certainly improve and roaring lion looks fairly solid.

These could finish in some heap though. Be rude not to have few sheckles EW on the 50/1 outsider from AOB of course..

kiers47 wrote: »
    I wouldnt have been a massive fan of Roaring Lion pre the Guinneas. However i thought he came out of that race with a lot of credit.

Jesus everything has a price. 7/2 on BF at the moment is absolutely way to big against this lot.
    He ran a blinder in the Guinneas having raced all over the track. He is just better than this lot and if he stays the extra 2furlongs he has a great chance.

I could make cases for and against most of the field but i had him more of a 7/4-2/1 chance on my book and it looks like they are going to take their chances with him.

Sometimes the obvious just smacks you in the face.

aidankkk wrote: »
    Went for Roaring Lion James Cook reverse. James cook will certainly improve and roaring lion looks fairly solid.

These could finish in some heap though. Be rude not to have few sheckles EW on the 50/1 outsider from AOB of course..

Shout there on the outsider Aidan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Mgoraf

He was impressive there in fairness to him. Prix du jockey club next? He's not entered in the derby

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

Kiers,
    Thanks for the tip/opinion.
    As they said on a TV game show "say what you see".

diomed wrote: »
    Kiers,
    Thanks for the tip/opinion.
    As they said on a TV game show "say what you see".

Np. Nice when it works out the way you hope. The opposition weren't up to much were they.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,846 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

kiers47 wrote: »

good shout, tis only now I see it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭maximo31

Any tips / fancies for Clonmel??

Advertisement