Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motorcycle Garage around Dublin 3

Options
  • 17-05-2018 10:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭✭

I have seen Paddys Pitstop pop up but I can't get through to him as his inbox is full on this side.

I just need to get some parts put on my bike and also an oil change. I tried (and spectacularly failed) myself to add them, but there is a bit of wiring involved so would prefer a pro to look at it.

Are there any other recommendations around North Dublin or close to the city centre that anyone can vouch for?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,917 ✭✭✭✭GBX

M&A Motorcycles - at the 5 Lamps. North Strand.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

GBX wrote: »
    M&A Motorcycles - at the 5 Lamps. North Strand.

Deadly, do they do generic bike maintenance or specific for certain makes? Im on a BMW.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stewygriffin

M&A at the 5 lamps.
    Megabikes on Wexford Street.
    Also GP Motorcycles just off Pearse Street.

All the above are motorbike workshops who will service most bikes.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,917 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Gintonious wrote: »
    Deadly, do they do generic bike maintenance or specific for certain makes? Im on a BMW.

Im not 100% - give them a ring first before hand. If they dont, they will point you in the right direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭D3V!L

What are you trying to fit ?

• Advertisement

D3V!L wrote: »
    What are you trying to fit ?

I have engine guards that are a pain in the balls to fit, it requires taking a large bolt out of the engine and I can't get it out.

There is also a mudguard that requires a stand to proper up the rear to get a bolt out as well.

I also have a tail tidy kit with a new LED rear light.

Gintonious wrote: »
    I have engine guards that are a pain in the balls to fit, it requires taking a large bolt out of the engine and I can't get it out.

There is also a mudguard that requires a stand to proper up the rear to get a bolt out as well.

I also have a tail tidy kit with a new LED rear light.

Strangely enough I have to fit them to my wifes bike. I haven't got the courage to take the bolt out yet.

If you're removing the torsion arm bolt for a mud guard then prop the swingarm up with a car jack to hold it in place. Make sure you protect the paint with a block of wood. This worked for our left and right hand swingarms with the Puig mudgaurds.

Strangely enough I have to fit them to my wifes bike. I haven't got the courage to take the bolt out yet.

If you're removing the torsion arm bolt for a mud guard then prop the swingarm up with a car jack to hold it in place. Make sure you protect the paint with a block of wood. This worked for our left and right hand swingarms with the Puig mudgaurds.

I am just lacking the confidence myself. I did give it a go but I then get the fear that I am going to ruin my bike.

I have seen the torsion arm bolt with the jack work well, but I may as well get the lot done by a garage, it would bring some peace of mind. The bike could do with a once over anyway.

Then ill get a nice valeted.

block of wood and a trolley jack or scissor jack under the engine,gives enough to be able to take out the bolts.

Easy to do

block of wood and a trolley jack or scissor jack under the engine,gives enough to be able to take out the bolts.

Easy to do

That was going to be my plan. ;)

I have a pathological fear of the engine dropping out.

• Advertisement

That was going to be my plan. ;)

I have a pathological fear of the engine dropping out.

Ah you be grand.:)

You lads are far more adventurous than me! Hahaha

Advertisement