Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rules and regulations for selling crafts

Options
  • 16-05-2018 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi all,

I apologise in advance if I have missed an answer around here that I'm looking for. I've tried googling but all I could find was how to set up a business which is not what I would really like at the moment. Anyways, I've been making jewellery for years now, it's a hobby and I enjoy spending my free time making things out of various materials as I imagine many of you do too. And that hobby has now become quite pricey and I have hundreds of made pieces now just laying around. I used to have a facebook page while I was living back home, mostly just to show what I am doing, some people occasionally got interested and offered to buy some pieces and it was fun doing it and meeting people with same appreciation for crafts in the process. My question is would it be illegal to revive my fb page here and continue doing the same? I don't plan on making some significant profit out of it, just earn some pocket money for materials and to find a new home for my creations, nor do I plan on participating in craft fairs and such as I'm very limited with my free time. Would that still require a business licence? I wouldn't want to risk getting in trouble over few made euros. Any suggestions on how to handle this are very welcome and thanks in advance to everyone :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭looksee

No-one is going to make a fuss about you selling your craftwork. You don't need any sort of license and you would sell a heck of a lot of pieces before you had to worry about tax etc. Good luck with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 NerdyD

Thank you for your answer :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

I sold handwork of all kinds, knitting,beading, jewelry , jams, for years at street markets and craft fairs and no worries re regulations

Still sell whenever I can.

Advertisement