Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Site for rent

Options
  • 16-05-2018 11:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

I am looking for a site to rent with all connections, where I can move a tiny home
    Does anyone know where I can find offers
    preferred areas: Dublin, Meath, Kildare

Thanks

Maria
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

Is this home on wheels?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Datzreiter wrote: »
    I am looking for a site to rent with all connections, where I can move a tiny home
    If you fail to pay rent, how easily can the landlord remove the house? Is it a timber or brick house?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Datzreiter

no, M.A.Di., an unfoldable modular living unit

no, M.A.Di., an unfoldable modular living unit
    How much will it cost the LL to remove it should you fail to pay rent?

Also, this be a commercial letting of the land, so your rights and obligations would be different than that of someone renting a house.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭shivermetimber

Have you a m.a.d.i unit here in Ireland already?

• Advertisement

Why is it commercial? I am not a company I am an individual
    On the other hand why should I buy a home between 50k and 80K and pay not the rent for the site and take the risk to loos this house (which is obviously a comparatively low price)
    I want to live there and want to have the possibility e.g. when I retire to change the location

no, it is not in Ireland
    I wanted to check out if it is possible to get a site for rent

I am looking for a site to rent
    Why is it commercial? I am not a company I am an individual
    I doubt you'll get a residential let, as you're renting a site, and not a house, thus commercial.

It's not a bad idea, but you'd probably have to get planning permission to have a house on the site. Furthermore, what is the minimum square footage for a house, and how big is the MADI?

Finally, a few houses failed inspections, because they were unsuitable for the year round humidity of Ireland.

Maybe I am not familiar with planing permission , that's the main issue otherwise million of people could live cheap especially as the place in cities is getting less and less
    information for this kind of house you can find on their webpage madihome com

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

basically you're looking for a mobile home plot in a mobile home park that will allow this design of home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,333 ✭✭✭✭Victor

You / the site will need planning permission.

The unit size might not be acceptable to the council. You will need to comply with the city / county development plan and the building regulations.

I can't see anyone renting a site for such a purpose. You seem to be looking for a 'ground rent' option, but this has been abolished.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,034 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Possibly the best bet with this kind of housing is to persuade the council that it's their idea, e.g. pilot project for modular housing, on land owned by the council.

good idea, but you need contacts which I unfortunately don't have
    maybe there is someone in the forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭autumnbelle

Just looked up their site, are they expensive?

it starts at 30K

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭GGTrek

Just to be clear, leasing land is not covered by the RTA which only covers lettings of "dwellings":
    “dwelling” means, subject to subsection (2), a property let for rent or valuable consideration as a self-contained residential unit and includes any building or part of a building used as a dwelling and any out office, yard, garden or other land appurtenant to it or usually enjoyed with it and, where the context so admits, includes a property available for letting but excludes a structure that is not permanently attached to the ground and a vessel and a vehicle (whether mobile or not);

So OP even if you find someone willing to lease you a plot of land, you will not be subject to a residential lease at all, but to a land lease (where freedom of contracting still stands true and if you break any contract clause you will risk serious trouble, not the RTB jokes). For example for agricultural land leases there is a very established tradition and master leases are available (prepared by solicitors): https://www.ifa.ie/farm-finance/leasing-land/

In addition ground rents have been abolished in 1978: https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/people/the-low-down-on-ground-rents-in-ireland-1.669994

So I do not even think the OP can reach the stage of requesting planning permission.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,034 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

good idea, but you need contacts which I unfortunately don't have
    maybe there is someone in the forum?

Are you resident in Ireland? If so, where?

dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Could you not buy some land and get planning that way? It would end up being more expensive, but perhaps worth it for the security of having your own land

there are 2 reasons , firstly more expensive , secondly If I decide to move the house I have to sell the land
    I didn't know that the rules are so strict maybe I should do it in Canada it's ways easier
    but thank you all for your input

• Advertisement

information for this kind of house you can find on their webpage madihome com
    Perhaps see below;

From; https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057811847
    Emme wrote: »
    About 10 years ago an Irish company was supplying Austrian pre-fabricated houses to Ireland. They were selling so well that there was a factory here involved with it. That was all fine until some construction engineers decided to inspect the houses. They deemed that houses designed in Austria with it's snow, extreme cold, lots of rain etc., were not suitable for the Irish climate. The reason was that in Ireland you could have 3 freeze thaw cycles in one 24 hour period while in Austria once it freezes it tends to stay frozen for a few months.

I would imagine the Italian houses would fail inspection for the same reason.

=-=

In reference to Canada, keep this in mind; https://www.theglobeandmail.com/canada/british-columbia/article-bc-communities-take-cautious-approach-on-modular-housing-projects/

• Administrators Posts: 53,556 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

When it comes to these sort of schemes, where you can buy a house for cheap you have to ask yourself why they aren't popping up everywhere given that this country has a shortage of housing.

The answer isn't because you're the first person to think of it, it is usually because it's not possible, or at least very difficult to do legally.

Same with the people who come here asking can they just stick a prefab log cabin in a field and call it home.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭4ensic15

the best option to rent land for the purposes of installing a residence would be a mobile home park. These already have planning permission and attach to services. There will be an annual service charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Subtle

Has OP thought about the back-end side of things? As in, where's their sh!t gonna go to on any site? Unlike Canada, composting type jacks are not permitted in this country as far as I'm aware...

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Subtle wrote: »
    Has OP thought about the back-end side of things? As in, where's their sh!t gonna go to on any site? Unlike Canada, composting type jacks are not permitted in this country as far as I'm aware...

They are.I know at least two places; The Hollies in West Cork who have them in their houses and the Future Forest Garden Centre also in West Cork . and see

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055766761
    and other threads,

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Fascinating,Thank you OP... Not for me as there are stairs. I am in a small modular, the next step up

Advertisement