Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mile 22 (2018)

Options
  • 16-05-2018 8:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭

Just skimming through youtube before I went into work and came across the trailer for Mile 22.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4560436/

"An elite American intelligence officer, aided by a top-secret tactical command unit, tries to smuggle a mysterious police officer with sensitive information out of the country."

Seems to be a usual Mark Wahlberg shooter but I noticed that Iko Uwais from The Raid is in it which has peaked my interest as I loved the fight scenes in The Raid. Then add the legend of John Malkovich to the mix, and I think it'll be one to watch for me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Stuckmann and Grace have reviews up.

Both saying Iko Uwais wasn't used to his potential.

Stuckmann goes hard on the film.. couldn't get into the story, too much shakey cam
    Nothing much from Grace on the story either. Says it's high paced which kinda sounds like it backs the too much shakey cam take.

I get the feeling there's a twist ending. I'll keep it somewhere around the "when I don't want to think too much" film list

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Krombopulos Michael

It's a shame if they didn't maximise Iko Uwais as he has great skills.

I dislike the shakey cam, especially when used in excess.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭restive

Anyone see this?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,138 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Yeah. Lots of shaky cam.
    Lots of shooting.
    Some cool martial arts action.
    Overall kind of daft.
    The 90 odd minutes seemed like an eternity tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭ISOP

absolutely atrocious movie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭mikhail

A very simple premise - a person needs to be quickly transported through 22 miles of hostile territory to an airstrip - reminds me of movies like The Raid, or 16 Blocks, and the movie delivers lots of varied and violent action scenes. However, it's way overedited and full of pretty off-putting American exceptionalism guff, and in the end it feels like a missed opportunity.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭ISOP

the mark wahlberg character is a joke, a stereotype gone wrong, effin and blinding for no reason every chance he gets, and flicking that bloody elastic band thing on his wrist every two seconds. Very hard to know what is going on for the first half an hour due to the disjointed nature of it, one of the worst films I have seen in years, Thank God it was only 94 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

not a great movie, by accident we ended up in cineworld in town as my local wasnt showing the movie, it was their 4D "smell-o-vision" screen which i'd never heard about, we were just laughing though the whole thing

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Kuva

Story, as basic as it was, had more holes than a box of hula hoops.

Jaysus some sh1te, thought venom was out but no, so this or predator, predator has dire reviews, sorry didn't go home

• Registered Users Posts: 60,368 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Woeful and I have seen some woeful films in my time and this is right up there being the most woeful and I love brainless action movies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭s8n

Download I presume ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Kuva

s8n wrote: »
    Download I presume ?

Don't be wasting bandwidth.

Advertisement