Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Test

Options
  • 15-05-2018 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭

Hey lads I’m gonna book my bike test soon. I’m planning on using my fz6 because it meets the criteria for the A license. I’m gonna do a few lessons but what am I tested on?

I’m comfortable doing full lock unturns, slow driving, breaking and hazard avoidance is their anything In particular I should no like common reasons for failing like lack of mirror/shoulder checks etc.

Is it true your supposed to drive in the center of your lane during your test?
    Is their a certain minimum road size for the uturn and where could I find the test score sheet.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

Seems like you have a good idea of what's involved already. Don't forget the rules of the road part. :D

Ride in the centre but you'll move between position 1,2 and 3 throughout the test, e.g. approaching a turn. shoulder check moving lane position, turning and entering/ exiting roundabouts. Lifesaver when pulling away.

Your IBT instructor will cover it all on your lessons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Rory28

I would suggest getting a lesson on the day of your test. I booked a lesson 2 hours before mine and had a good feel for it when I took the actual test. If you can find someone doing lessons near the test centre they will probably know the route and will just drill you on it.

Also brush up on the roadsigns. Was blindsided by the questions and had no idea what a blank white circle with a red outline ment.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Jackdaw89

Sound out lads, I’m confident enough that I can do everything by the book with no pressure. Hopefully I can hit my mark on the day. I’m gona do some lessons this next weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Wood

Make sure your log book has the power output on it for your bike or they wont even let you sit the test.

If it doesn't you'll need a letter on headed paper from the garage/dealership you bought it from displaying the reg number and power output. It doesn't matter if the bike is listed on the RSA website under the correct category.

Wood wrote: »
    Make sure your log book has the power output on it for your bike or they wont even let you sit the test.

If it doesn't you'll need a letter on headed paper from the garage/dealership you bought it from displaying the reg number and power output. It doesn't matter if the bike is listed on the RSA website under the correct category.

Sound just checked and it has the power output on the log book

• Advertisement

Tested today and passed the A with two grade 2’s, one for canceling signal two quickly on roundabout and the other for reaction to hazards ( stopped to close to the back of a car on a very steep hill).

Happy out now I can ditch the L plate and I don’t need N plates because iv my full car license before the new rules.
    Now I’m off to buy a Hayabusa haha 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Jackdaw89 wrote: »
    Tested today and passed the A with two grade 2’s, one for canceling signal two quickly on roundabout and the other for reaction to hazards ( stopped to close to the back of a car on a very steep hill).

Happy out now I can ditch the L plate and I don’t need N plates because iv my full car license before the new rules.
    Now I’m off to buy a Hayabusa haha ��

Big congrats on that lad.

Must get myself together and get it done too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Rory28

Well done Jackdaw. Its a great feeling when you get that pass.

Thanks lads, I got a pretest lesson a few days before hand but truth be told it was everyone on here that got me going on the bike and up to test standards. This forum is packed full off knowledge and experience even post from 10 plus years ago help.
    Delighted to get it out of the way, I felt like someone on death row waiting today. Al I could think about was the green mile following the test out of the room today haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭tico1300

Congrats on passing the test, now go treat yourself to some cc’s :)

• Advertisement

tico1300 wrote: »
    Congrats on passing the test, now go treat yourself to some cc’s :)

I’m telling myself the Fazer is grand a while but I’m spending allot of time on DoneDeal to. The only bother I have with the fz6 is crap low end torque.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭larchielads

Hi lads I applied for my test today. I've got a centre stand on my bike that doesn't work properly will I be tested on it even though it's not working. It's seized up?

Hi lads I applied for my test today. I've got a centre stand on my bike that doesn't work properly will I be tested on it even though it's not working. It's seized up?

Nope on and off the side stand is all they want to see. The center stand is handy so definitely get it off and lubed up. Best of luck with the test, start driving like your on your test now to get plenty of practice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭larchielads

Might just do that with the stand and thanks for the good wishes

Advertisement