Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get from O'Connell Street to Blanchardstown Shopping Centre

Options
  • 15-05-2018 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi,

I'm going to be in Dublin tomorrow (from down the country) and I'm going to need to get from O'Connell St to Blanchardstown Shopping Centre via public transport as I'd like to not need to pay for a taxi.

I'm not familiar with Dublin apart from the main tourist sites and have no idea how public transport works. How would I get from O'Connell Street to BSC? How much does it cost, I don't have a leap card so would need to pay in cash and where do I take the bus from?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭verycool

Hit the Road is good for this sort of thing (5 routes found on the link below).

https://hittheroad.ie/#from=O'Connell+Street+Upper,+Dublin(53.351242,-6.260779)&to=Blanchardstown,+Shopping+Centre,+Blanchardstown,+Dublin(53.393992,-6.391926)

EDIT: You can also calculate your fare on dublinbus.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 8,214 ✭✭✭ongarite

Get the 39A from Aston Quay, just across O Connell Bridge, stop is beside the Gypsy Rose bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,862 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

• Registered Users Posts: 22 maork1

verycool wrote: »
    Hit the Road is good for this sort of thing (5 routes found on the link below).

EDIT: You can also calculate your fare on dublinbus.ie

Thanks for that, never heard of that website before!
    ongarite wrote: »
    Get the 39A from Aston Quay, just across O Connell Bridge, stop is beside the Gypsy Rose bar.

Great thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

maork1 wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm going to be in Dublin tomorrow (from down the country) and I'm going to need to get from O'Connell St to Blanchardstown Shopping Centre via public transport as I'd like to not need to pay for a taxi.

I'm not familiar with Dublin apart from the main tourist sites and have no idea how public transport works. How would I get from O'Connell Street to BSC? How much does it cost, I don't have a leap card so would need to pay in cash and where do I take the bus from?

Thanks!

39A as advised by previous poster and fare will be €3.30 each way. Also have exact coins as they wont take notes and dont give change ( except in ticket form)

• Advertisement

When I get on the bus do I just ask for Blanchardstown Shopping Centre or is there a particular bus stop name and vice versa on the way back to O'Connell Street?

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Rmgblue

When I get on the bus do I just ask for Blanchardstown Shopping Centre or is there a particular bus stop name and vice versa on the way back to O'Connell Street?

Check the sign on the top of the stop to make sure the bus stops there. There is a bus shelter type stop further up the quays, outside the council offices and that will tell you when and what bus is due. The 39a is the quickest to Blanchardstown.

Edit: Don't mind me, I completely misunderstood the question

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Rmgblue

Rmgblue wrote: »
    Check the sign on the top of the stop to make sure the bus stops there. There is a bus shelter type stop further up the quays, outside the council offices and that will tell you when and what bus is due. The 39a is the quickest to Blanchardstown.

And on your return, the bus stop is beside Starbucks over beside captain americas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

I would get Leap card if I were you. Even though you don't live in Dublin it's always handy to have one for when you visit. I live in Dublin but I still have an Oyster Card for when I visit London on ocassions not that often.

• Advertisement

Stephen15 wrote: »
    I would get Leap card if I were you. Even though you don't live in Dublin it's always handy to have one for when you visit. I live in Dublin but I still have an Oyster Card for when I visit London on ocassions not that often.

I looked into it and I'm going to get the Leap Visitor Card for 24 hours because I will probably end up using the Luas as well as the bus twice.

Sorry if this is a silly question but how do I use this Leap Visitor Card on the bus and the Luas? For the bus do I still need to tell the driver where I'm going? And on the Luas is the machine on the tram or on the platform?

Thanks for everyones help!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

I looked into it and I'm going to get the Leap Visitor Card for 24 hours because I will probably end up using the Luas as well as the bus twice.

Sorry if this is a silly question but how do I use this Leap Visitor Card on the bus and the Luas? For the bus do I still need to tell the driver where I'm going? And on the Luas is the machine on the tram or on the platform?

No there is a validator on the right which you can use with a Leap visitor card

Stephen15 wrote: »
    No there is a validator on the right which you can use with a Leap visitor card

Yep, no need to speak to the driver at all, just get on the right hand side and use the validator.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

The one for the Luas is on the platform, just make sure to tag on before you get on just by placing your card against the reader and then tag off in the same way when you get off the luas (tagging off only applies to Luas, doesn't need to be done on the bus)

Thanks for all the replies! It all went successfully! Dublin has got a lot busier since I was last there!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭veryangryman

Yep, no need to speak to the driver at all

Oh, thank god!

Advertisement