Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you continue to watch shows that are due to be cancelled?

Options
  • 15-05-2018 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 40,159 ✭✭✭✭

The networks in the US have announced a raft of shows that wont be renewed. Do you continue to watch shows that you know won't be renewed? I've been watching the first season of The Crossing with Steve Zahn and i cant see the point of watching the rest of the season if they wont have the time to resolve anything.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

For me, it depends on just how much I'm enjoying the series; if I'm engaged enough I'll want to see how the overall arcs & threads come together - if at all. There's little more frustrating than getting to the finale of a cancelled show and it ends on a huge cliffhanger that'll never get resolved.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Some shows I don't bother starting to watch until I know it's going to be renewed, if I'm finding an show entertaining I'll continue to watch it until the end, if it's meh I'll probably just stop watching, often it's nice to know it's coming to an end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Only if I know it works as a standalone season from user feedback....which sadly most shows don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

I'll usually try look up a spoiler free thread, review or ask somone that is up to date if it ends on a cliffhanger.
    If it doesn't I'll start watching it/see it through and if it does I'll usually stop right away.

I don't mind there being a few loose ends here and there but getting landed with a big 'To be continued' type of ending you know is never going to get resolved is quite irritating.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,309 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I keep watching shows I wish were cancelled like The Walking Dead.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

I don't even start new American shows at all unless I hear they are renewed. I don't want to get invested and have it cancelled unresolved, like so many shows before!

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I keep watching shows I wish were cancelled like The Walking Dead.

I hear you, shows like TWD and Suits that used to be good and you just want to finish annoy me at this stage.

Advertisement