Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of a non-insert stove to be installed

Options
  • 15-05-2018 11:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Hello,

We have a traditional open fire (fire has never been lit) in a 15 year old house. I would like to get a small non-boiler stove like the Stanley Oisin. Roughly, I know it's hard to guess, but what price are we looking at to get the flue lined (presume we need this done) and get it installed? The stove is less than €500 but I'm afraid the costs of installing it are going to make it too expensive. We want to keep the fireplace.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭gillad

kk2014 wrote: »
    Hello,

We have a traditional open fire (fire has never been lit) in a 15 year old house. I would like to get a small non-boiler stove like the Stanley Oisin. Roughly, I know it's hard to guess, but what price are we looking at to get the flue lined (presume we need this done) and get it installed? The stove is less than €500 but I'm afraid the costs of installing it are going to make it too expensive. We want to keep the fireplace.

Thanks in advance

My brother put in a stanley oisin,lined the chimney and filled around the flexi flue with insulation.A very professional job,It cost him 1200euro which I thought was a fair price.Probably around 800 or more for materials and the rest for labour

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Forge83

kk2014 wrote: »
    Hello,

Thanks in advance

A Liner kit will cost you €300-€400 more Approx.
    Installation varies from €400-€650 Approx. Depends on where you are located really.

Advertisement