Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Third Trimester Nausea and Vomiting

Options
  • 15-05-2018 12:50am
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I had some nausea and vomiting in the first trimester but nothing major. Mostly in the mornings, and not every day. I got off pretty light.

However now at 31 weeks I'm getting night time nausea, around bed time, each night. I just vomited about 6 times there. No other symptoms at all and feel fine (if exhausted) after.

Anyone else suffering this/suffered it in the past? I can't do the crackers/banana/ginger ale thing because I've got gestational diabetes, so any other tips welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

I had awful nausea for the first 20 weeks on my first, which came back in the last 8 weeks or so or pregnancy but wasn’t constant. I think it is quite common.

The only things I ever found that took the edge off a little were sucking on hard boiled sweets and drinking ice cold water or cordials.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Is it heartburn related? I ended up on lanzoprozole in third trimester because heartburn was so bad it was making me throw up/nauseous constantly

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Is it heartburn related? I ended up on lanzoprozole in third trimester because heartburn was so bad it was making me throw up/nauseous constantly

I do have heartburn but it seems to be a separate issue.

Glad I'm not alone anyway!

Advertisement