Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam Link App

Options
  • 14-05-2018 10:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭

So looks like Valve are moving on from dedicated stream link hardware

https://store.steampowered.com/steamlink/about

I like my steam link but think this is a good move.

Hoping I'll be able to side load the app onto fire TV / stick.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭megaten

Really interested in this. I spent 250 euro on a GPD Win to play PC indie games in bed but most of the games I play aren't that input sensitive so it should do quite nicely when paired with an iPad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

They also enabled Bluetooth for the steam controller, I might actually get one now to use with my tablet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I actually bought a Steam Link a while ago only to discover my Samsung TV had a Steamlink app built in!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,143 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Yeah I think it's been on the Samsung TVs for a while now. I have a Steam link but it won't get much use now that SKy have blocked screen mirroring on Sky Go.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,698 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

lmimmfn wrote: »
    They also enabled Bluetooth for the steam controller, I might actually get one now to use with my tablet

Wait, are you telling me it had BT hardware inside it the entire time??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Wait, are you telling me it had BT hardware inside it the entire time??
    Yes, lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭megaten

http://toucharcade.com/2018/05/17/steam-link-app-hands-on-preview/

The above article seems to state that there is some very basic mouse emulation on the steam link apps which should help a lot with usability.

Advertisement