Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will an RGI put a new boiler in if I complete plumbing end?

Options
  • 14-05-2018 8:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭

Bought house which had to be stripped back to four walls.
    If I complete the plumbing for the house would an RGI approved person install the gas boiler for me?
    House had old oil boiler originally.
    I have put in meter box and had gas from main road brought to it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,943 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

The RGI cert only covers the gas line, boiler, hobs, cooker etc. Don't touch any of these and you will be OK.

Talk to your rgi guy first. If you do anything wrong with the heating installation and it voided the warranty he most likely won't install the boiler or at least won't stand over the boiler

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭paddymc1

Thanks Sleeper12
    Plumbing end I'm fully confident in doing.
    Just need to get a recommended RGI person who be willing to install gas line and boiler.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,745 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Wherever the boiler is located, the Rgi must fit the gas pipe. You , as the plumber can pipe the flow and return to the area only. And leave a waste pipe upstanding. The RGI will then install the boiler and pipe up the flow/return/gas and waste. Then wire.

Advertisement