Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fear TWD | Season 4 | Episode 5 | Laura [AMC] [SPOILERS]

Options
  • 14-05-2018 7:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭

Fear The Walking Dead - Season 4

Episode 5 - "Laura "

Airdate - May 14th on AMC at 9/8c | May 21st on AMC UK at 9PM

The arrival of a wounded visitor in John Dorie's life forces him to change his ways.

Promo

How did you rate this episode? 11 votes

0%
    9%
    Recliner 1 vote
    18%
    duridianScraggs 2 votes
    36%
    geeceePrefab SprouterCollie DAgent Coulson 4 votes
    9%
    FreudianSlippers 1 vote
    9%
    Sudden Valley 1 vote
    0%
    9%
    Keplar240B 1 vote
    0%
    9%
    jrkb 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,310 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I really enjoyed that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Great episode! Not ashamed to say I had a bit of a tear in my eye towards the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,754 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

were the walkers being drawn off the bridge by walkers trapped in the car making noise?

why didn't they clear the walkers out of the car?

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Prefab Sprouter

Great episode. The John Dorie character is brilliant.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

I enjoyed that one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Recliner

I'm absolutely loving this season. I normally dread these backstory episodes because in The Walking Dead I find they're just filler but that's definitely not the case here. The quality of the writing and the acting from Elfman and Dillahunt was top notch. I hate having to wait a week for the next one.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Recliner

Great episode. The John Dorie character is brilliant.

Fast becoming my favourite character from both shows. Reminds me of actors from '50s westerns..says little, can seem a bit gruff but under it all, a kind hearted gentleman.
    Actually no, he IS my favourite character.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Prefab Sprouter

Recliner wrote: »
    Fast becoming my favourite character from both shows. Reminds me of actors from '50s westerns..says little, can seem a bit gruff but under it all, a kind hearted gentleman.
    Actually no, he IS my favourite character.
    I hear you, he is brilliant. I'm literally waiting for Monday nights so I can watch it. Its been a long time since I felt this way about TWD, but I still persevere.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

were the walkers being drawn off the bridge by walkers trapped in the car making noise?
    Yes. The walker(s) trapped in the car in the water were making some kind of low thumping sound that attracted other walkers above. This problem was probably made worse by John & Laura's patching with sheets or iron which clinked against the chainlink when walkers bumped it, and even worse again by the creaky jeep they placed against the iron/chainlink barrier.
    why didn't they clear the walkers out of the car?
    My guess is that they were simply distracted by dealing with the fallen walker that landed near their boat. This also caused a lot of extra splashing and gurgling noises which may have masked the sound at the critical moment when they were close enough to the partially submerged car. (Also, rowing boats themselves tend to produce a similar kind of low thumping sound when afloat and water is lapping against the hull.)
    In scenes afterwards, on the bridge, they were preoccupied with attaching iron sheets and killing walkers, or positioning the jeep and killing walkers, so that may have produced enough covering noise/distraction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭jrkb

Last couple of episodes have been disappointing hopefully it gets back on track next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Good episode. Not usually a fan of the emotional stuff in these shows but works when done well.

Only started FTWD a couple of weeks ago and am now fully up to date. Preferring it to the original show.

When is it aired? Early hours of Monday morning (Irish time) like TWD?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

Collie D wrote: »
    Good episode. Not usually a fan of the emotional stuff in these shows but works when done well.

Only started FTWD a couple of weeks ago and am now fully up to date. Preferring it to the original show.

When is it aired? Early hours of Monday morning (Irish time) like TWD?

AFAIK it is.

Advertisement