Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enduring Power of Attorney & An Post

Options
  • 13-05-2018 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi, I'm looking for help to find out if An Post accept enduring power of attorney. I have enduring power of attorney for my Mum, but she's now become completely incapacitated due to Alzheimers. I completely rely on her An Post account to pay for her nursing home bills. I've heard stories about An Post freezing the account when they receive the letter about enduring power of attorney. Does anyone have any experience of this, and can anyone give me any advice about what to do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭Claw Hammer

Farmdog wrote: »
    Hi, I'm looking for help to find out if An Post accept enduring power of attorney. I have enduring power of attorney for my Mum, but she's now become completely incapacitated due to Alzheimers. I completely rely on her An Post account to pay for her nursing home bills. I've heard stories about An Post freezing the account when they receive the letter about enduring power of attorney. Does anyone have any experience of this, and can anyone give me any advice about what to do?

Doesn't there have to be a court application before the power kicks i?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭whippet

Talk to your solicitor who would have drawn up the PoA ... unless you have done this properly in conjunction with the GP and solicitor While your mother was in her ‘right’ mind you might have problems

Advertisement