Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digger transport - what can carry what?

Options
  • 13-05-2018 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭

I have a 5.5 tonne excavator on some land and thinking about getting it moved for other jobs. I don't have a tractor and don't know much about GVW and axles loads and all that so go easy please.

What can those Iveco or Daewoo or other 75 type tipper trucks carry? I thought it was half of their own weight, so I think those could carry up to 3.5 tonnes. Is that how it works?

Anyway, aside from the theory, I'd like some examples of what people use (or have seen used) to carry mini and midi diggers around. Down the line I might source a truck as oppose to a tractor and trailer. All just research for now.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,874 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Every truck and trailer will have a plate saying how much it can carry and/or tow on the door plate. So you have a 5.5 tonne load you'll need a truck rated to tow over 7 tonnes to cover the trailer and the trailer will need to be rated to carry >5.5 tonnes. You're into CE licences if you go truck.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Rave.ef

Your best bet would probably be a 10t beavertail maybe 12.5t depending on the truck.

Advertisement