Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric shower installation...do I need a plumber or an electrician??

Options
  • 13-05-2018 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭

Apologies if it's a dumb question. If I'm installing an electric shower, do I need a plumber or an electrician?? Thanks :pac:

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

Electrician. He should be able to do the little bit of plumbing involved.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

• Registered Users Posts: 16,943 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

If its a complete new installation you'd need an electrician to wire it to the fuseboad anyway. Some electricians don't like working with water and might bring a plumber with them. Regardless of who he brings or doesn't bring it will be built in to his quote

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭doolox

A Reci registered electrician is required and a completion cert is needed to ensure the job is done right.

Nothing may happen until a fire or someone is killed or injured due to a bad installation and then the **** will hit the fan.

Another problem is more than one shower in one house, a switching arrangement is needed so that the two showers cannot be used simultaneously or you need to contact ESB and get your fuse boards capacity upgraded to handle 2 showers. All work for a fully qualified and insured electrician.

Choice of shower is also important to get right, some work off mains cold water others off the lower pressure water supply from the attic tank.

Advertisement