Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Auctions for buying laptops

Options
  • 12-05-2018 5:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

I am planning to start a small business buying and refurbishing used laptops for resale.

My understanding is a lot of the laptops come from auctions, but I have no idea where other than eBay (which appears quite expensive)

Would anyone be able to point me in the right direction of which auctions people use?

Thanks,
    Dave

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Fukuyama

Wilsons Auctions on the N7 have weekly online auctions (100 deposit to set up your online accounts).

Scope it out before hand. There might be one macbook or high-end machine worth bidding on per week. The rest will be ex-corporate machine which probably ran Visa when new :eek: Not worth sinking time into them.

They also run Garda and PSNI auctions. But AFAIK the laptops aren't broken or in need of repair.

For broken machines you'll struggle. Most broken electronics end up in WEEE recycling. Or under the stairs till someone does a clear-out. You need to target people with broken devices and offer to fix or buy them. A small website and google ads might help to target those searching for laptop/phone repair.

I think there's more money in phones. Check out Louis Rossman on YouTube. A dude in NYC making a killing with micro-electronic repair.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭blackbox

This is your competition:

https://www.greenit.ie/?SID=163kg24ms4jt8035fnk9j02794

I have used them and find them very good - will you be able to compete?

Advertisement