Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yamaha Rydeen

Options
  • 11-05-2018 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Anyone own or used a Yamaha Rydeen? I had a stage custom for years and loved it. Moved continent etc etc and come across a Rydeen with HW and cymbals for a good price.

Are they a good kit? Will not be gigging, just for my own use and maybe jamming with friends.

I am aware they are a "beginers" kit with a cheaper shell.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,901 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Played one at a rehearsal studio, for the price, you can't go wrong. Very well built. Can't go wrong with Yamaha.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭Arcto

Just as a follow up in case anyone else is interested, I picked up the used (excellent condition, like new) Rydeen and have no real deal killer complaints.

As a non professional, non recording drummer this kit is perfect. I am not a fan of the lock nut floor tom legs, but that is a small complaint as I will not be packing the kit around. It has all the usual Yamaha hardware that come with their kits. The sound is pretty much the same as a stage custom (to me anyway). One think I would improve straight out of the gate is the drum stool. I like to sit high and weigh 200lbs so don't envision it lasting too long. I will buy a throne eventually.

Fantastic kit for the price!

Advertisement