Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ubuntu on QNAP TS253A. Password?

Options
  • 10-05-2018 7:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭

I have installed Ubuntu on my QNAP. On launch it displays the login screen. The set username is admin but I don't have a password. I have tried the QNAP admin password and all others I can think of.
    Can anyone please help? Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭niallb

I'm interested in the performance on this.

What procedure did you follow to install it? (QNAP linux station?)
    Which version is ubuntu? 16.04?

Did you choose the username admin yourself, and if not why are you certain this is the correct username?

At any point did you set a password even if it seems to have been for something else? I presume you've tried the default 'admin' password even if you've changed it already for normal login, but just in case...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭bromley52

niallb wrote: »
    I'm interested in the performance on this.

What procedure did you follow to install it? (QNAP linux station?)
    Which version is ubuntu? 16.04?

Did you choose the username admin yourself, and if not why are you certain this is the correct username?

At any point did you set a password even if it seems to have been for something else? I presume you've tried the default 'admin' password even if you've changed it already for normal login, but just in case...

Yes Linux Station and from there I installed Ubuntu.
    It comes preloaded with 3 versions. I selected v 16.04.
    Admin is the default username and can't seem to be changed. During install there was no prompt to setup anything.
    I have emailed QNAP so hoping for a response.

I just found this guide on setting a fixed password so must give it a go when I get a chance.

Sorted the password issue out.
    The QNAP Ubuntu keyboard is set to US.
    Worked straight away with QNAP username and password.
    You can change the settings once logged in.

Advertisement