Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Vrt - asked to get spec sheet for model

Options
  • 10-05-2018 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Had vrt import booked. At the centre the woman told me she couldn’t find the model in the system and that I need to contact the original dealer for the spec sheet for the vehicle model.

I had the V5 sheet with the details. Why wold I have to get the spec. Shouldn’t the centre have to check with revenue on this?
    The car is a 2.0tdi Passat highline, so it’s not like this car wouldn’t be in their system.

Has anyone been asked to get a spec sheet before?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,739 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Keithc5 wrote: »
    Had vrt import booked. At the centre the woman told me she couldn’t find the model in the system and that I need to contact the original dealer for the spec sheet for the vehicle model.

I had the V5 sheet with the details. Why wold I have to get the spec. Shouldn’t the centre have to check with revenue on this?
    The car is a 2.0tdi Passat highline, so it’s not like this car wouldn’t be in their system.

Has anyone been asked to get a spec sheet before?

Can you find it on vrt vrt ros calculator?

Did you look ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Keithc5

listermint wrote: »
    Can you find it on vrt vrt ros calculator?

Did you look ?

Yeah. Lots of passats there in the calculator. I found my model there. So I’m not sure what spec sheet they need. I’m planning on turning up to a new booking and telling them to contact revenue themselves to get the details.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Yeah. Lots of passats there in the calculator. I found my model there. So I’m not sure what spec sheet they need. I’m planning on turning up to a new booking and telling them to contact revenue themselves to get the details.

Print the VRT quote which will also have the statistical code on it too and give that to them and insist that its the model you have. Does it not say the model on the V5?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 kittycat_84

Hi Keithc5,

Any update on your registration? I got the same issue. Officer said they will come back in 10 days.

Note..my car is different though than yours.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭jharr100

Hi Keithc5,

Any update on your registration? I got the same issue. Officer said they will come back in 10 days.

Note..my car is different though than yours.

Yeah I got the same last month for a Lexus is 220d .they told me revenue would be in contact me within 10 days. 2 days later revenue text me with a number to ring , my quote was available . They gave me a quote over the phone , and a stat code . when I got back to the nct centre later that day they charged me over 200 less than my telephone quote ! Happy days .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 kittycat_84

jharr100 wrote: »
    Yeah I got the same last month for a Lexus is 220d .they told me revenue would be in contact me within 10 days. 2 days later revenue text me with a number to ring , my quote was available . They gave me a quote over the phone , and a stat code . when I got back to the nct centre later that day they charged me over 200 less than my telephone quote ! Happy days .

Thanks jharr100.... Did you take a appointment again for next visit or directly walk to the center?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭jharr100

Thanks jharr100.... Did you take a appointment again for next visit or directly walk to the center?

You can just walk in the next time , this was in blarney in cork , most of paperwork was done so you just needed to pay really .

Advertisement