Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurance for learner driver

Options
  • 10-05-2018 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,515 ✭✭✭✭

So..
    What's the best approach to get a 17YO started..

Is is best to name them on an existing policy, if so does the car matter as much? Both our existing cars are 2.0L 140BHP.

Or is it better to get someting for themselves, like a 1l Yaris, I did a quote for my daughter with a 1L yaris on boximo and it was €4100, but that was her own insurance with no named driver..If I add a parent as name driver it goes up by another €1k

We're looking at changing a vehicle if not both within the next few months so if I need to get something smaller now would be the best time..

She'll be an accompanied driver either way.. just wondering what people find the best approach is..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭treascon

Best bet is through Aviva if either of you are with them. €495 for 12 lessons & 6 months named on the policy. Can be extended by 3 months after that if needs be

• Registered Users Posts: 18,515 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Yea.
    I did an online quote for my own and it’s very close to my current policy, I will switch over to them at my next renewal and can add the youngster when the time comes.

Seems the best option out there, I’m sure it’s bringing them loads of business.

Advertisement