Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Career Guidance Job Opportunities (Dublin Area)

Options
  • 10-05-2018 9:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I am 10-years working in Financial Services and starting to feel it is just not for me. I want something more rewarding where I can help others and was considering doing a course in Career Guidance (Maybe the DCU one) to get into that area.

Does anybody know if jobs are easy or hard to come by in this area? Whether there are many qualified in this area? I am unlikely to give up my current position unless I felt there was a good chance of finding work in the Dublin area.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭mtoutlemonde

Hi all,
    I am 10-years working in Financial Services and starting to feel it is just not for me. I want something more rewarding where I can help others and was considering doing a course in Career Guidance (Maybe the DCU one) to get into that area.

Does anybody know if jobs are easy or hard to come by in this area? Whether there are many qualified in this area? I am unlikely to give up my current position unless I felt there was a good chance of finding work in the Dublin area.

As far as I know, you have to have a teaching qualification and careers guidance is a postgraduate. You have to be registered with the Teaching Council to be paid from government i.e. Department of Education unless the school chooses to pay privately.

Advertisement