Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lucifer or Sandman

Options
  • 09-05-2018 10:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭

Saw there is a series on Netflix called Lucifer and did a bit of digging before I invested any time in it, and..... reviews are bad. Show might be good but not a patch on the graphic novels, says de internet. Pity, because I love Neil Gaiman. So that led me to reading up on Sandman.

And so (finally) to my question. I want to get into Lucifer graphic novels. What series should I read first? Should I read Sandman first? What series?

Thx in advance....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭MarkHall

Sandman. As the lucifier story stems form that series.
    Both are solid reads.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭RiderOnTheStorm

MarkHall wrote:
    Sandman. As the lucifier story stems form that series. Both are solid reads.

Thanks Mark. Will do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭RiderOnTheStorm

Found a guy on eBay selling first vol of Sandman for under a tenner, and it arrived yesterday. Trying not to rush through it. Savouring each page....ah, the memory of hours spent digesting new issues is coming back to me.

PS Sandman vol 1 (Prelude & Nocturnes) is definitely the right place to start.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭MarkHall

Found a guy on eBay selling first vol of Sandman for under a tenner, and it arrived yesterday. Trying not to rush through it. Savouring each page....ah, the memory of hours spent digesting new issues is coming back to me.

PS Sandman vol 1 (Prelude & Nocturnes) is definitely the right place to start.

Yeah. Read them in order. If you're near a fingal library. They have a complete run available.

http://www.howtoread.me/neil-gaiman-sandman-reading-order/

As for the lucifer TV show. It'sa very different beast to the books. Enjoyed what I watched as Tom Holland is bery good as Lucifer. But outside of names its nothing to do with the comics.
    Enjoy the books. Jealous that you have a first pass at it.

Advertisement