Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Ireland headaches

Options
  • 09-05-2018 9:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭

Hi all,

It’s my second year with First Ireland and I started the second year as a learner driver (€2000) but I passed my test 3 weeks ago and I called them straight away but they said they’ll need my new driving licence and gave me an email address to send it to when I receive it. I sent it to the email address 2 weeks ago and didn’t receive a reply so I sent it to 2 other email addresses that I had correspondance with before- still no reply. I work the same hours as them so it’s very difficult for me to call them as they always seem to be very busy and even if I call them on my break they will either keep me on hold for ages or they say they will call me back and when they do I’m already back to work. Anyways, I found the time to talk to them today and I spoke to someone who said they never received my emails and they gave me another email address to send it to. I sent it around 11 in the morning and i got no reply again 🙄 I’m so annoyed, is this supposed to be so hard .... What do I do next ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭arleitiss

Hi all,

It’s my second year with First Ireland and I started the second year as a learner driver (€2000) but I passed my test 3 weeks ago and I called them straight away but they said they’ll need my new driving licence and gave me an email address to send it to when I receive it. I sent it to the email address 2 weeks ago and didn’t receive a reply so I sent it to 2 other email addresses that I had correspondance with before- still no reply. I work the same hours as them so it’s very difficult for me to call them as they always seem to be very busy and even if I call them on my break they will either keep me on hold for ages or they say they will call me back and when they do I’m already back to work. Anyways, I found the time to talk to them today and I spoke to someone who said they never received my emails and they gave me another email address to send it to. I sent it around 11 in the morning and i got no reply again �� I’m so annoyed, is this supposed to be so hard .... What do I do next ?

I am with First Ireland for past 5 years and never had trouble.
    Whenever sending documents - Make sure to also send your reference number (In first ireland it's first two letters of your surname and first two letters of your name and 3 digit number or so).

I recently sent them photo of my NCT disc and received reply within two minutes. You will have to call them if this continues, surely you have lunch break or something at work?

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Lily_Aldrin7

arleitiss wrote: »
    I am with First Ireland for past 5 years and never had trouble.
    Whenever sending documents - Make sure to also send your reference number (In first ireland it's first two letters of your surname and first two letters of your name and 3 digit number or so).

I recently sent them photo of my NCT disc and received reply within two minutes. You will have to call them if this continues, surely you have lunch break or something at work?

Thank you so much for your reply, what email address did you send the NCT to? I sent them the policy number when I sent my licence

• Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭arleitiss

Thank you so much for your reply, what email address did you send the NCT to? I sent them the policy number when I sent my licence

Generally all my communication is done via staff email directly (I call them, whoever answers - takes on my query and gives me their email where I send stuff, I don't think I've ever sent it to Generic First Ireland email).

I will send you PM of one of the agents anyway, maybe they can help you via email.

Apparently there is live chat option: https://app.purechat.com/w/firstireland (which is currently unavailable, I assume business starts at 9)

Advertisement