Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

most economical way to obtain business cards

Options
  • 09-05-2018 9:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,091 ✭✭✭

I currently get 2000 business cards for 140 euro, it is not a bad price but can it be beaten? was looking at business card printers there on amazon but they are pricey.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

How good a price it is depends on the finish you're getting. Without knowing that it's hard to compare. That's definitely not a budget business card price point!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,091 ✭✭✭pgj2015

its a very good finish,1 sided, some companies charge up on 180 euro for 1000 cards. im willing to deal with other companies if anyone has any recommendations.

1 sided :eek: it would want to be the absolute best finish!

Solo press, got print, awesome merch even vistaprint do cards cheaper than that!

jimmii wrote: »
    1 sided :eek: it would want to be the absolute best finish!

Solo press, got print, awesome merch even vistaprint do cards cheaper than that!

Thanks will have a look at them.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

pgj2015 wrote: »
    its a very good finish,1 sided, some companies charge up on 180 euro for 1000 cards. im willing to deal with other companies if anyone has any recommendations.

What type of finish? What thickness of paper?

• Advertisement

Thanks will have a look at them.

Unless you're getting some solid gold foil printing or something like that then I think you're definitely been paying a bit too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,412 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Vistaprint cards... well you get what you pay for.

That does sound like the higher end of the scale though. Here's a price I paid a couple of years ago, this was with supplying print-ready artwork.
    400 GSM Matt Laminated 2 side
    2 cards, different front, same back
    1 x 1000
    1 x 500
    €190 ex VAT, incl delivery

Unless you're getting some solid gold foil printing or something like that then I think you're definitely been paying a bit too much.

ok, thanks for the info,I was just getting the cheapest cards locally that I could but will buy online now. any good Irish companies that are a good price?

ok, thanks for the info,I was just getting the cheapest cards locally that I could but will buy online now. any good Irish companies that are a good price?

Local printers just can't compete these days. You'd probably be able to get cheaper in Ireland but not got print cheap.

Trojan wrote: »
    Vistaprint cards... well you get what you pay for.

That does sound like the higher end of the scale though. Here's a price I paid a couple of years ago, this was with supplying print-ready artwork.

I think vistaprint is the opposite you don't get anywhere near what you're paying for! They are way too expensive for what they do I think they must only survive on first time customers as people will surely look elsewhere the next time! Was really just highlighting how much op was paying as vistaprint is such poor value!

• Advertisement

Axwell wrote: »
    What type of finish? What thickness of paper?

just a standard finish, not laminated. not sure what the thickness is.

Local printers just can't compete these days. You'd probably be able to get cheaper in Ireland but not got print cheap.

do you use got print?

do you use got print?

Yep used them a good bit for a few different things. Last business cards I got were the black trifecta 700gsm big difference when you compare it to a regular card which is normally around 400. I think someone here went with 1500gsm on their cards one time it must have been like a brick!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

I have used Digital Printing Ireland for a few projects and found them fantastic on price and quality - so much so I got them to print out my wedding invitations recently. Helps when you do your own design and know what the end result should look like and the various paper weights etc so you know what you are ordering but if you arent you can get a sample paper pack off them to see the different paper weights and finished etc.

Have used Moo in the past for premium business cards and they are great quality but expensive. Local smaller printers usually end up either sending jobs abroad in bulk so they don't pay as much which means longer turn around and the job can be hit or miss or they simply just do poor quality. Have had a few occasions where have tried someone and got badly done rounded corners or bad trimming and just sent them back.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,412 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

400gsm is pretty solid. Anything more than that is going to have difficulty fitting into regular wallets, etc.

Forgot a out digital print Ireland used them for a few things too and they were good.

A lot of these companies will do sample packs you can always just order a few of them and see what you think is best for you.

Forgot a out digital print Ireland used them for a few things too and they were good.

A lot of these companies will do sample packs you can always just order a few of them and see what you think is best for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

Never heard of Got Print before, I see their Trifecta weights seem to be far far cheaper than Moo's Luxe range which is a similar style (heavy weight, coloured band layer between the front and back). Great quality from Moo, but has anyone ever get the Trifecta prints done before from Got Print?

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭onedmc

Don't sweat the small stuff, Don't worry about minor costs like business cards youll probably save 30,40 or 50 quid by shopping around. More important to spend the time working on your product, pitch or calling potential customers

onedmc wrote: »
    Don't sweat the small stuff, Don't worry about minor costs like business cards youll probably save 30,40 or 50 quid by shopping around. More important to spend the time working on your product, pitch or calling potential customers

no harm getting the best deals you can either though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭KBD85

Any recommendations for a place in Dublin where I can walk in with an image on a USB stick and have the cards printed there and then?

KBD85 wrote: »
    Any recommendations for a place in Dublin where I can walk in with an image on a USB stick and have the cards printed there and then?

Snap printing or Reads on Nassau st will do them, cant vouch for the quality

• Registered Users Posts: 7,700 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Its a while since we ordered these but this is what we got the last time:

Business Cards:1000
    COLOUR: Full Colour Front/Full Colour Back
    SIZE: 85mm x 55mm
    PAPER: 350 g Matt 2 Sides + Matt Finish

Designed them ourselves. We also added round corners, cost an extra €6 but were a cool detail. Total cost was €40.80 with gotprint.ie - don't be fooled though its not an Irish company, think they were shipped from California and took a couple of weeks to arrive.

The rounded edges do look pretty cool though! I did think it was weird how it came from there too. You would have thought with the shipping costs someone closer to home would be able to compete but guess. They have something in Holland too but guess that's just for admin reasons never had anything ship from there.

Advertisement